• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

how do you cook goose

Soaking any meat in milk will tenderize it and take some of the "wild' taste out. The lactic acid in the milk will draw out some of the blood in the meat and start to break down the meat. You want to throw out the pink mess that will be left in the bowl.

We have then marinated goose breasts in Paul Newman's raspberry vinaigrette salad dressing and grilled the meat between rare & medium rare. We have tried other dressings but this one is by far the best. Goose goes from not quite done to shoe leather in just a few seconds. You have to watch it pretty close but it tastes like tender beef when it is done properly.

I made my own version of a recipe I found on FM.

1.mix cream cheese and mayo 2:1

2. Dice fresh jalapeno and red onion, and saute in butter just long enough to get a little of the crunch out. Let cool and add to mayo mix. I also added bacon bits,and shredded swiss cheese to the mix as well

3.The mix should be pretty stiff. Then I added spices:salt,pepper,italian seasoning,red pepper flakes,and Sriracha Hot chile sauce. (not too much of the chilie sauce Very hot stuff)

4.take goose breasts, and pound them flat

5.spoon mix into breast, and wrap with bacon. Take a toothpick or skewer to hold the bacon on. Grill till bacon is done. They should look just like PierBridge's pic above. Turned out pretty good. Pretty messy, and bad for you but whatever.