• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lindy Rattl'n Flyer Spoon

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harvey is correct. What works one day as far as size, bait, color, jigging technique... may not work the next day. Sometimes they prefer a minnow head... sometimes loaded up with waxies. Different colors will be more effective on different lakes as well as different times of year. As the colder water reaches and mixes with the thermocline... water gets a little dark... sometimes brighter colors work better. Give the glow a charge with your Lindy tazer. See if that will bring them in. Another question would be... Were you marking any fish to begin with? What type of structure were you on and at what time of day?

i bought the 1/8oz red 1 and wow the crappies loved that thing yesturday mornin.cant wait to try it on lotw.i have the bigger 1's that have produced nice fish but ya never know.sometimes you have to down size on slower days.

I have been using the Rattlin Flyer Glow Red just about all winter and when the fish want it, they take it! I have caught walleyes,saugers,perch,burbot--these spoons are Great!That has been my go to spoon all winter and there is only a few days where it hasn't produced. I went over a week straight without taking that lure off--I did change trebles tho-- By far this has been my favorite lure of the season! Last weekend the guys that were fishing with me(hard core chubby darter fans) actually were begging for one--Ya, I caved and gave them one.

Great Spoon for sure!!

Jason

www.hardwateradventures.com

[email protected]

I own every variation of the LRFS now wink

They are my only go-to spoon now for winter vertical action now!

I am going to LOW this weekend and with out a doubt, the Lindy Rattling Flyer Spoon's will be with wink

The red worked great for us.

Shack, it would be smart for you to grab a red one.

Sifty

Thanks Sifty for the color tip wink I worked out great!

CNY Tim, great catch dude! The spoon does work wonders over other spoons I have in my fold. I think it is the curved wings that gives it that needed action to trigger the bite.

Ed isnt it crazy how many guys toss their spoons in storage come soft water? I love that solid THUNK when a big river eye pops my Flyer, Flasher spoon, swedish pimple or buckshot.

Im using more and more spoons tipped with gulp now as well as blade baits.

Do you use much gulp or blade baits? If so what do you prefer for both?

You bet, nearly all ice fishing lures has a place in the cold water periods of spring and fall. They also are ideal for spot-on-the-spot jigging on humps in summer or even suspended fish.

I've had some crazy hot bites on Chubby Darters on open water, many in the spring on rivers. Lindy Rattl'n Flyers are made for spring jigging on many systems.