Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
deerminator

COYOTE WITH A BOW?!?!?!?

Anyone do it? I've been thinking of doing it over the holidays and checking out calls and lures at Fleet Farm. I've read articles and know it'll be a tough go. But anyone with experience doing it?

A buddy of mine watched one bed down last year and did a stalk on it and got it! Got up to about 13 yards and let him have it i guess. Sounds like a pretty exciting deal

Very tough to get with bow, had two working near my stand last year shotgun hunting, let them walk for a while knew there was good buck in the area, they finally came down the field edge about 15yds. in front of me decided to very slowly pull up on one as it was looking away. somehow it sensed me and instantly ran, they are not called wiley coyotes for nothing.

I've gotten one once with the bow, it was by accident, he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. It was fun, they just go stiff and tip over. Pretty cool. I don't know if I'd target one with the bow though, that would be tough unless you are in an area that was lousy with coyotes.

I dont know of anyone who has done it "on purpose". Most of the time they just happen by and get taged in a shooting lane.

When it comes to calling and targeting 'yotes it is usualy with shotguns. At least the guy's I hunt with are shotgun shooters. We hunt at night though.

I know its not going to be nearly as easy as with a gun, but I've read several articles on how to do it with a bow and it looks interesting. May have to give it a try.

Anyone have a favorite call and/or moving lure?

Do a search for "Verminator". It is some hilbilly that targets coyote bobcat and fox with his bow. He called 150 coyotes in to make the movie. It is pretty funny but not for the soft stomach. Pretty graphic.

I've heard of a couple people doing it. I would say its not more difficult that trying to get one with a shotgun and buckshot.

If you can call one in close enough the rest is about making the shot.

Anyone do it? I've been thinking of doing it over the holidays and checking out calls and lures at Fleet Farm. I've read articles and know it'll be a tough go. But anyone with experience doing it?
Get in touch after deer season mid Dec till spring.Bring your bow, arrows,cammo I got calls.

I stuck a coyote 3 years ago in Freeborn County. He was walking along the edge of a standing corn field, I grunted at him to get him to stop, and shot him at 11 yards. Saw more coyotes than deer that year.