• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

COYOTE WITH A BOW?!?!?!?

deerminator

Very tough to get with bow, had two working near my stand last year shotgun hunting, let them walk for a while knew there was good buck in the area, they finally came down the field edge about 15yds. in front of me decided to very slowly pull up on one as it was looking away. somehow it sensed me and instantly ran, they are not called wiley coyotes for nothing.

I've gotten one once with the bow, it was by accident, he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. It was fun, they just go stiff and tip over. Pretty cool. I don't know if I'd target one with the bow though, that would be tough unless you are in an area that was lousy with coyotes.

I dont know of anyone who has done it "on purpose". Most of the time they just happen by and get taged in a shooting lane.

When it comes to calling and targeting 'yotes it is usualy with shotguns. At least the guy's I hunt with are shotgun shooters. We hunt at night though.

Anyone do it? I've been thinking of doing it over the holidays and checking out calls and lures at Fleet Farm. I've read articles and know it'll be a tough go. But anyone with experience doing it?
Get in touch after deer season mid Dec till spring.Bring your bow, arrows,cammo I got calls.

I stuck a coyote 3 years ago in Freeborn County. He was walking along the edge of a standing corn field, I grunted at him to get him to stop, and shot him at 11 yards. Saw more coyotes than deer that year.