• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

200+ yard rifle range in metro?

fishuhalik

Just wondering if anyone knows where a 200+ yard range is in the metro? I need to sight my gun in and I don't know if I'm gonna be able to get up north to use my normal sand pit before opener. I heard of a few that go up to 100 yards, but we get some 300+ yard shots and I like to zero at 200. I live in Plymouth so anywhere close to that would be preferable, but I'll drive if I have to

caribou gun club in le Suere has out to 300, but you need to call them a day ahead of time to make sure they don't have people out hunting in their pheasant fields behind the shooting range. I have to go north saturday since they are booked up saturday morning and my schedule doesn't let me put a maybe in it.

I like their range, but getting on their has been an issue as of late

Can't you just get a ballistics table and work from that? Most I've seen will give you the stats so you could sight it in at 100 yards and you'd be where you needed to be. What bullet/cailber to you shoot?

If your near St. Cloud for some reason...Check out Deltone in St. Cloud. Sorry I don't have specifics, being I'm not a member of this club....But when I was in college, I went out there to dial my rifles in at 100 & 200 yrd ranges. Do they have longer ranges? I'm not sure.

Just another option for you.

Can't you just get a ballistics table and work from that? Most I've seen will give you the stats so you could sight it in at 100 yards and you'd be where you needed to be. What bullet/cailber to you shoot?

I don't know the ballistics very good, but I know how my gun shoots very well. I shoot a remington 700 BDL 25-06 w/ a Leopold 4-12x scope. I use handloads that my uncle puts together for me. I know they're 110 gr. nozlers, not sure which bullet it is though.

The longest I've reached out for a deer is 420 paces, so roughly 400 yards, but most of my deer are under 200. I've found that if I'm dead on at 200 I can still hold on the kill zone as close as 50 yards and as far away as 300 and it's still a good kill shot.

the only statistic you are missing is the muzzle velocity. If your uncle has a chronograph, he would be able to tell you that number I bet.

on guns and ammo, for 115gr. nosler in a factory load, it lists it as being 1.2" high to be zero'd at 200. it has the same 1.2" for bullets in the 90-15 range. basically between 1.2 and 1.6" will get you extremely close to being zero'd, but you need to get to a 100 yard range to dial that in......I would go with 1.5" high at 100 yards

Forest Lake Sportsman's club has sight-in days pretty much every weekend until the rifle season opens. I think its $10 per gun and $2 per target, you can not bring your own targets.

Their phone # is 651-464-9931 and you don't have to be a memeber for the sight-in days. I think they may have a few evenings open too, but check with them on that.

Monticello Sportmans club has a couple of weekends that are open to the public for sightins. It used to be around $10 a gun to sight in and you could shoot as many rounds as needed. They start you on the 50 yd range to make sure that you are on the paper, then you go over to the 100 yd and 200 yd range. Call and see what weekends they are open, usually only 2 weekends in October and usually about now. This is where I used to go to sight in when we lived down there.

Forest lake sportsmans club has a great range that has 25,50,100,200,300, and 400yd ranges. The are just west of town north of broadway. Take broadway west of Menards about 2 miles and you will see the signs. They are open weds thru sundays right now for sight in days 9am till 4pm