• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Birthday Present

Had my favorite birthday present today - the time to go out and do something I enjoy without having to feel guilty about not getting my work done. Back to the grind tomorrow.

All images taken with the Canon 40D. The panoramas were taken with the 100-400L and the river shots were taken with the 17-40L.

Steve and I took a mid-day drive up the Fernberg to the Lookout Tower vista:

BD5-1.jpg

After work I headed down the Tomahawk to the Island River. A couple of panoramas while there:

"Manomin"

BD4-1.jpg

"Tammies"

BD3-1.jpg

Finally stopped at the Dunka River just before dark. Used a 4ND neutral density, 100 ISO, manual at f/20 and 13 seconds. NR on and MLU:

"Dunka River 1"

BD2-1.jpg

"Dunka River 2"

BD1-1.jpg

Enjoy, and thanks again to everyone who wished my a happy birthday!

By the way, the Fernberg Lookout and the Tammies were three photos stitched together, Manomin was four photos stitched together.

I knew that it meant wild rice (Ojibwe language), just wondering how the picture was tagged with that title??? I see the wild rice out there, just wondering who knew to call it manoomin is all. Nice picture.