Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steve Foss

September challenge -- sunrise/sunset

50 posts in this topic

Well, that was some close voting! Sunrise/sunsets it is! Have fun, everyone. I know we all love a great sunrise/sunset photograph. gringrin

Thanks for voting, and remember: One image from September. smilesmile

I'll go first this month.

Sunrise on the Mighty Crow River

f5.0 .6 shutter speed ISO 200

102769124.jpg

Here's mine....yep you guessed right! It is Lake Winnipeg, I shot it yesterday evening along with a pile of other stuff.

Hey can I help if I'm addicted to this place! grin

gtgtgtgtgtgtg-1.jpg

Stu, you manage to find some really amazing shots up there on Lake Winnepeg. I wished I could find some more instesting stuff here on the red river, but since it is only about 50 feet wide and full of mud, and dead trees, not much around there.

Keep em Coming.

If the truth be told Paul, the surrounding area where I grew up offers an extremely wide and diverse landscape. A landscape where the Shield country meets prarie and where river meets lake. It is truly a paradise for anyone who loves the great outdoors.

I am located a mere thirty minutes from downtown Winnipeg (whoopy). Less than an hour drive I'm in God's Country or Pre-Cambrian Shield country, which has the same terrain as where Steve lives over by Ely. Less than half an hour and I'm on the shores of Lake Winnipeg. The Red River meanders through massive Netley/Libau Marsh before entering into Lake Winnipeg. Netley as it is so often referred to is approximately one hundred square miles of wetlands. It's a great place to wander around in a boat or canoe or even a belly boat. Besides fish, it's also home to countless bird species from Bald & Golden eagles, countless shore bird species and a wide array of song birds. Another area of great interest is Oak Hammock Marsh. Fifteen minutes west and I'm in the largest migratory game bird refuge in western Canada where each year over a million geese pass through.

In a nutshell Paul, I considered myself spoiled when it pertains to fishing/hunting and photography, even though I don't hunt these days. wink

Dan asked me to repost my pic again because something happend to the other one. I am not sure if this is the same pic but it was taken during September on Lake Sallie in Becker County just south of Detroit Lakes.

102889569.jpg

Suomi Sunrise.

For what it's worth. Looked great when I stopped to take some shots this morning, but lots of dynamic range (light) to work around. Much happening with frost, fog and sunrise all going on at the same time. Some serious blending here, as well as a power line being cloned out.

Suomi-1.jpg

Ken. Wonderful. Surreal and dreamy and dark and very boreal Finnlander. The feel is "North of 60" (as in latitude). It belongs on someone's wall.

Thanks all for the nice compliments. Wasn't sure how it would be received, because it took a fair amount of PP work. Steve, I'm going to assume the

Quote:
boreal Finnlander
is a positive, and not "a real bore Finnlander"! grin

Snapped this about 10 minutes ago. My father in law is combining beans right outside our place. Rode the four wheeler out, so this was handheld. I was going for the silhouette effect.

I believe it was at 1/2500, 5.0, -1 exposure compensation, ISO 100.

2868442195_7bde9e9413_o.jpg

Beautiful shots! The lake reflection and the silhouette are just beautiful. Great work so far this month!

Beautiful Stuff everyone! I especially like the reflection and the combine shots.

Keep them coming!