• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

weagles rock!

Or get yourself a viper. Same type lure, made of plastic, more durable IMO.

Go for the big one, they smaller one has been on the market for several years, only the last couple has the big one been out.

I have had decent luck on it as have a couple of my buddies.

Do any of you guys have the Weagle with the squirly tail? I saw them at the expo but unfortunately all the spare cash was gone before I got to their booth... I'm going to try to find one now.

You can also look at the Homewrecker. Same type as the Weagle, same size. Some guys don't like them, but I really like mine so far. Haven't caught anything on it, but hopefully soon.

Box- I have the 8" halloween Wild Action-WA (squirrely tail) weagle and 10" frog WA weagles and they are decent, but I prefer the standard Weagles over em.

You can find the 8" WA weagles at Reeds, they had good numbers in stock with varies of colors that they have in standard weagles.

I like weagle, only when I m fishin in quack's boat. In my boat it kept divin acting like gilders. Maybe I need to shorten my rod or get used to reel in side to side.

Softer pulls and more slack, IME. I've got an 8 footer for my WTD and gliders and have no problem working either size/style of weagle. And also try slowing down a little.

My boat deck r lower. I had 7' which I used for other wtd it work fine, when I m fishin on higher deck I used 7'6" n love it with weagle.

Jredig

what's the speed on your troll motor when u work the weagle slow? I m not really a "slow working" guy like to work them fast. Otherwise I m open to changing my style if its increase my chance of hookin one up on topwater as I haven't hook one up on an topwater yet.

Well, my boat isn't high from the water at all, I run my TM on 4-5 for working in calm/light wind conditions. FWIW, I prefer to not use a snap on jerk/wtd baits and just run a straight split ring.

There's definitely more than 1 way to work them though, between marching/bouncing them in with force or just gently walking them back and forth.

Nice fish Rinc!

The Weagle is my money bait come early or late day, and mid-day when the conditions fit. It simply rides lower, meaning it's less apt to "blow-up" on a hit, and it moves a ton of water.

Top-side I'll use Pacemakers, Weagles, and some smaller ones like the Mouldy's, and a few like the LOW rider in rough water, that's it. They're that good in my opinion.