• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lets see Houses for the '08/'09 season

Sandmannd

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See... Ice man, this is why I've been so hesitant to post pics of my shack. What a heck of a master piece you have there! whistle Very well thought out, and practical has heck. I've seen 5 star resorts with less attention to detail than you've put into your ice house smile

What are the dimensions?

So I'd like to extend my comment to Ice Man to everyone that's posted in this thread. I just went through and checked out the other cabins in here, and I'm real impressed! You guys have a lot of great ideas, and excellent craftsmanship. I tend to have a great idea in my head, but can never transfer thought to finished (as in nice finished) product. So, my hats off to you guys!

As other's have said, keep'em comin! Maybe sometime I'll throw mine on here. Just need some good pics first. Until then, keep the ice under ya, stay safe out there!

Nice looking shack Glockwinger!

Thanks! I had a skid house on Mille Lacs for the past 7 years and decided I wanted to fish some other waters like URL and lakes by my house as well as the dead sea. I'm happy with it, and the kids love it.

Glock:

Can I ask who is doing your axle repair and the cost? Thanks

I brought it out to they guy that builds the current frames for Ice Castle. His name is Neil and he owns C W Welding in Vesta, MN. Try searching for cwweld in google, should be the first one. I don't know the final amount, but he said to mount new axels, install electric brakes, wire the trailer for brakes, and weld it up would be about $1500. The price depends on the amount of labor and the current set up you have. He says it take about 2 - 3 weeks depending on how busy he is. He had 3 houses at his shop when I got there.

Oh, and THANKS to all who like the shack!

I did notice that Glockwinger. That has got to be one be one of my favorite movies. It reminds a lot of when I was a kid going out to my Grandpa's house.

"the Green Hornet has caught more fish than you've lied about Gustafson"-Max

That house really likes 18" of ice. We are talking fully insulated floors, 2x4 walls, 3/4 marine grade floor, three 6x6x30 skids,full sized everything from ovens to bunks to bathroom. I really do not want to know what it weighs, I'm guessing if I knew it would most likely not leave shore. laugh

As for our walls it is a plywood or oxboard back. We go from the inside -

1)Paneling

2)Poly wrap

3)Bat insulation on 16" 2x4

4)Plywood underlayment

5)Amacor insulative wrap with venterd poly backing

6)Heavy gauge tin

We like our clients to be warm and draft free.