• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Need new sunglasses

My old pair of sunglasses just got lost, I'm not even going to get into it, just found out. What does everyone like these days. My last pair I've had for over 15 years, they were Hobie's. I want a good quality pair. Suggestions please.

Hiya -

I love the Ocean Waves backwater green lenses. Best all-around muskie lens I've used. Have had frame problems with some OW models, but they're good about warranty coverage. Wearing Costa Del Mars some now too, and they're great. Their 580 lenses are really something.

Cheers,

Rob Kimm

Costa Del Mars in the green lenses are awesome, either the reg glass lens or the 580. I found a good deal on the 580s and they are simply amazing.

I have some of the poly lenses in the truck still and it's a buzz-kill to put those on after wearing the CDMs.

Costa Del Mars in the green lenses are awesome, either the reg glass lens or the 580. I found a good deal on the 580s and they are simply amazing.

I've got the green-mirror lenses in the regular glass and they are amazing. I don't know if I should ever even try on a pair of the 580s! I wear them constantly.

I’m in the cheapie crowd grin

I sit on them, toss them in the drink, drop a tackle bag on them, lose them. I’m pretty tough on my shades. I have pretty sensitive eyes and have sunglasses on whenever I’m outside.

Matter of fact I have a brand new pair of Maui Jim Titaniums that I’ve never worn. Figured I might as well try to sell them. See the Metro Classified section.

I spent $50 on my last pair, Cocoon's from Joe's sporting goods. Several different styles and frame sizes. With an amber lense, i love them. Fishing with people who have Maui jim's and other "good" brands, I can usually see better.

But I haven't tried the green one's and have heard lots of good reviews.

For the price, I like what I have. They're polycarbonate lenses too so they're great for general use.

Costa del Mar's like many else have stated. I also have a pair (WaveKillers) with green lenses and have had them over a year and not a scratch on them...they are TOUGH glasses/lenses. The lenses are tested to withstand a lot of pressure so they won't shatter. If you're a musky guy I think the investment of a good pair of eye protection will pay itself off. You never know when you'll have an errant cast or your partner will have an accident and I'd rather have that monster lure with razor sharp hooks hit those Costa's instead of my other C's (Cornea's) any day of the week! Regardless of the brand, make sure you're wearing something solid to protect yourself out there. I was in the Caribbean last month for my honeymoon on a catamaran for a day and the entire crew was wearing Costa's. I love them for driving too when I don't have the Oakley's.

I looked into many sunglasses before buying mine, and ended up going with a pair of Maestro sunglasses from Zeal Optics. I have had these for almost 2 years and they are one of the best investments I have ever made. Extremely comfortable, very durable, and not too expensive. They were Outside Gear of the Year last year so I'm not the only one who likes these shades. I fish basically every day and in all conditions, these shades are wonderful, perfect for seeing that big fish come in. They work great on that ice glare in the winter as well!

I bought a new pair in wal-mart for $20. They worked really good. Renegades I believe?? The day I bought them, I went out on the water and boated a 47" ski. As the fish was rolling in the net, the net hit me in the side of the face, knocking off my NEW sunglasses...never to be seen again. It was all worth it!!