Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Pistol Pete

Need new sunglasses

My old pair of sunglasses just got lost, I'm not even going to get into it, just found out. What does everyone like these days. My last pair I've had for over 15 years, they were Hobie's. I want a good quality pair. Suggestions please.

Hiya -

I love the Ocean Waves backwater green lenses. Best all-around muskie lens I've used. Have had frame problems with some OW models, but they're good about warranty coverage. Wearing Costa Del Mars some now too, and they're great. Their 580 lenses are really something.

Cheers,

Rob Kimm

Costa Del Mars in the green lenses are awesome, either the reg glass lens or the 580. I found a good deal on the 580s and they are simply amazing.

I have some of the poly lenses in the truck still and it's a buzz-kill to put those on after wearing the CDMs.

My vote is for Wal-Mart specials...lol...

That way when I lose or break a pair its only 10 bucks! ;-)

I have used Hobies and Ocean Waves just never wanted to couph up the money to buy a pair.

Brian K

Costa Del Mars in the green lenses are awesome, either the reg glass lens or the 580. I found a good deal on the 580s and they are simply amazing.

I've got the green-mirror lenses in the regular glass and they are amazing. I don't know if I should ever even try on a pair of the 580s! I wear them constantly.

I’m in the cheapie crowd grin

I sit on them, toss them in the drink, drop a tackle bag on them, lose them. I’m pretty tough on my shades. I have pretty sensitive eyes and have sunglasses on whenever I’m outside.

Matter of fact I have a brand new pair of Maui Jim Titaniums that I’ve never worn. Figured I might as well try to sell them. See the Metro Classified section.

I spent $50 on my last pair, Cocoon's from Joe's sporting goods. Several different styles and frame sizes. With an amber lense, i love them. Fishing with people who have Maui jim's and other "good" brands, I can usually see better.

But I haven't tried the green one's and have heard lots of good reviews.

For the price, I like what I have. They're polycarbonate lenses too so they're great for general use.

Costa del Mar's like many else have stated. I also have a pair (WaveKillers) with green lenses and have had them over a year and not a scratch on them...they are TOUGH glasses/lenses. The lenses are tested to withstand a lot of pressure so they won't shatter. If you're a musky guy I think the investment of a good pair of eye protection will pay itself off. You never know when you'll have an errant cast or your partner will have an accident and I'd rather have that monster lure with razor sharp hooks hit those Costa's instead of my other C's (Cornea's) any day of the week! Regardless of the brand, make sure you're wearing something solid to protect yourself out there. I was in the Caribbean last month for my honeymoon on a catamaran for a day and the entire crew was wearing Costa's. I love them for driving too when I don't have the Oakley's.

Another vote for the Costas. I got a good deal on a pair of the green glass 580's and I'll never go back to the cheap ones again.

I'm a Native Eyewear fan myself, very comfortable and the lens are great. Customer service is topnotch also, I picked mine up online but I know gander carries them.

RU

I looked into many sunglasses before buying mine, and ended up going with a pair of Maestro sunglasses from Zeal Optics. I have had these for almost 2 years and they are one of the best investments I have ever made. Extremely comfortable, very durable, and not too expensive. They were Outside Gear of the Year last year so I'm not the only one who likes these shades. I fish basically every day and in all conditions, these shades are wonderful, perfect for seeing that big fish come in. They work great on that ice glare in the winter as well!

I bought a new pair in wal-mart for $20. They worked really good. Renegades I believe?? The day I bought them, I went out on the water and boated a 47" ski. As the fish was rolling in the net, the net hit me in the side of the face, knocking off my NEW sunglasses...never to be seen again. It was all worth it!!