• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Twins bullpen

mike morris

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to say it but the Twins are in trouble. They are a game back right now, their bullpen is overworked, and they have four away games with the Angels coming up. True, they are hitting the ball and scoring runs, but without solid mid-relief pitching I see things only getting worse. Can anyone give me reasons to be optimistic?

I hate to say it but the Twins are in trouble. They are a game back right now, their bullpen is overworked, and they have four away games with the Angels coming up. True, they are hitting the ball and scoring runs, but without solid mid-relief pitching I see things only getting worse. Can anyone give me reasons to be optimistic?

Let's just give up now. No reason to even play out the season. They are a whole game behind now. No chance to catch up. (All sarcasm of course). Gosh they lose 1 game and you'd think the sky is falling.

One game at a time CALVINIST. Don't give up yet.

Oh yeah, keep in mind that the White Sox still have to play 3 at Boston, 4 at New York, 3 at home against the Angels, 3 at home against Tampa, and perhaps most important, 3 at Minnesota.

Yeah, just check the remaining schedules for both teams, both have some tough opponents but I really can't see Chicago winning any more than 18 games? I think when I was looking at it, even 18 was being pretty generous. I am excited to see how Minnesota stacks up against Tampa Bay and LA, who I think we will meet in the 1st and 2nd rounds!

Originally Posted By: CALVINIST

Let's just give up now. No reason to even play out the season. They are a whole game behind now. No chance to catch up. (All sarcasm of course). Gosh they lose 1 game and you'd think the sky is falling.

Oh yeah, keep in mind that the White Sox still have to play 3 at Boston, 4 at New York, 3 at home against the Angels, 3 at home against Tampa, and perhaps most important, 3 at Minnesota.

Gee, after that solid kick in the a$$ I feel better already crazy Chicago has a tougher schedule than us so let's see what happens. It will be key for the starters kick it up a few notches to rest the bullpen. And it wouldn't hurt to give Korecky a shot either.

Originally Posted By: The J-Man!
Originally Posted By: CALVINIST

Gee, after that solid kick in the a$$ I feel better already crazy Chicago has a tougher schedule than us so let's see what happens. It will be key for the starters kick it up a few notches to rest the bullpen. And it wouldn't hurt to give Korecky a shot either.

Positive thinking C. That's what we need right now. I just didn't want to see you giving up yet. I think we will definitely see Korecky called up in September when the roster expands. I believe he has been pitching as a closer in AAA (Rochester) and doing quite well.

SledNeck - you are right about next year. I think we will see a trade or 2 this offseason (outfielder traded for infield help and/or relief pitching). Plus I am sure the Twins will have a little money to spend next year. I don't believe any current Twin is a free agent (and good Twin that is. ie Punto, Everett) that we need to worry about retaining. I don't think we have any shot at the big time free agents (Adam Dunn, Manny Ramirez, Mark Teixeira), but perhaps maybe some old Twins nemesis like Mike Sweeney, Frank Thomas and Jim Thome. smile

They are all too old, I am making a joke here.

My wife, son, and I will be at the game tonight. Go Twins!

Come on Calvin,

Don't start worrying about Vlad and the boys out in La La Land, you still have two games left to get your butts kicked by the A's! LOL

But if it's any consolation, I will be pulling for you guys to win the wild card! LOL

Some of the roller coaster riders are getting quesy! It should be a fun month!

Windy

Calvin,

I was just giving you a little of the business. I thought it was funny that you were panicing when you are only one game behind. I guess we are all trained to be a "glass half empty" guy when it comes to our baseball teams! I do agree that it will be an interesting ride and I am seriously pulling for the Twinks to win the wild card!

Windy

I think Calvin's concerns are warranted.

I'm not giving up but talk to me after 14 straight days on the road with a young team and bullpen that can't get a little leaguer out right now!

I don't see the Wild Card as much of option either and yes I know we are a game out of the Wild Card at the present time!

Go Twins!

Gomez really needs to learn how to go back on the ball thats 2 games in row he should have made the play.

I know he's young and all but it is frustating.

I don't really blame Punto to much he may not even have got that guy at first and the runner still ended up at 3rd and would have scored more then likely.