• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pro Tip #1

For all you out there longing to be pro photographers, here's a little trick that I saw used today. Make sure you've got at least two cameras hanging around your neck, one having a lens that will create lens envy in 95% of the population. Position yourself into the street during the 4th of July parade and look professional:

PT1.jpg

Really, what's happening is that you are now in a position to beat all the little kids to the candy that the floats are throwing!!!!!

BUSTED!

PT2.jpg

Just who is that fat blob, anyway? Geez, Ken, thanks for sharing the flattering shots, good buddy. gringrin

That second one is what biologists call a predator assessment stare. Wolves, bears and mountain lions use it in deciding whether the prey is worth killing or not. In this case, I think said predator decided the game was too old and stringy to be of much value. Of course, with a big ole pot-bellied male like this yellow one, there ain't a lot of prey except for a 12-ouncer that would get him out of his crouch. But he still remembers how, so watch it. gringringrin

Man, do I need to go on a diet or what? frown

Uh, where was I going to take you to see showy ladyslippers next week? Can't seem to remember the location all of a sudden. gringrin

Next time, might I suggest a crop like this, unless you're going for truth in photojournalism. gringrin

PT1.jpg

You guys are hilarious!!!!!! Don't you love seeing photos of yourself? NOT!!

By the way Holy [PoorWordUsage], it's X Tackleman. I guess all a guy has to do is make fun of Steve to get ol' X to come out of hiding!!

Look, how he is hiding a small bag of candy under his knee, the poor child behind him can't find it and has since left for home in tears. Just look at the second photo, the Grandmother is dragging the weeping child away.

Look, how he is hiding a small bag of candy under his knee, the poor child behind him can't find it and has since left for home in tears. Just look at the second photo, the Grandmother is dragging the weeping child away.

Grandma's dragging the child away, and the child is weeping, because of a cloud of gas around me that was chili the night before. Every photographer's got a bag of tricks to keep pesky youngsters from getting in the way of his shot, and that's one of mine.

Guess we could call that Pro Tip #2. gringrin

Originally Posted By: muc33

Grandma's dragging the child away, and the child is weeping, because of a cloud of gas around me that was chili the night before. Every photographer's got a bag of tricks to keep pesky youngsters from getting in the way of his shot, and that's one of mine.

Guess we could call that Pro Tip #2. gringrin

I guess that would make you warm but not so cuddly sick