• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Are the Twins better without Cuddyer?

SledNeck

The Twins are playing very good baseball at this time. I would keep everything intact and maybe look for an additional pitcher or a power hitter. They are not that far from being a very good team and a contender.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trade him, it doesn't matter how good he is or how strong his arm is, you can't thrown from the bench. I have a hard time believing injuries are just a coincidence all the time.

Cuddy is the right fielder, and should stay there. Span has good defensive skills, but no power, and is left handed, which hurts him. I could see him platooning with Young in left, and see which one develops faster. If Span was right handed he might take Monroes spot as dh and 4th outfielder but..... The Twins have 4 quality outfielders with Kubel being o.k. too.....Monroe is the odd-man-out.....if he doesn't tear-up left handed pitching(that is the only reason he was brought in here), he won't stick around. With power RH bats as a big need, Cuddy isn't in danger.

Hey, I know YOU.

What a coincidence, I know you too.

Just got done reading an article in the StarTrib talking about Span staying up in the majors after Cuddy comes back...hopefully it pans out that way

really? I am not sold on Delmon yet. He looks awful in left field. And the way Garza has been pitching makes that trade look even worse. I am not saying cuddy is the answer cuz these finger pains are getting a little annoying. Take a pain killer and get out there(might affect his vision, but maybe that would affect it positively smirk ). Maybe things will straighten out for these guys after the all star break. All I know is the team as a whole is doing better than most people thought they would this year. Also, the way Chicago and Detroit have spent money on players they should be on the top of the division. But everyone knows how that's been going for the skankees the last few seasons.

exactly, and defense is a must which i havent seen too much defense from young yet. still, its only half way through and he has some time to turn things around.

Yikes....Young is just that, young, lots of time left for him.

Kubel is a DH and spot player, but is not that bad. Although he is steaky. Lamb will be the one to go. Don't mess up to much of a good thing we got going. I can live with Cuddy, and Span will be a good relief for Gomez, Cuddy and Young.

There might be a possibility of Monroe being gone, but we still need his right hand bat on the bench, although, why pinch hit righty for lefty like tonite with Harris for Bucher, when Bucher hit the ball hard his other at bats???

Span will likely get sent down, but now he has proved that he can help out up here. We are only a couple months away from Sept. call ups too.

Span Gomez Young in the outfield some day.

Hopefully we can figure these finger issues out!

You keep Cuddy dump Young and move Span to left field and move Span to lead off hitter, putting Gomer in 9th.

Does anyone know if we can send Delmon or Gomez down without exposing them to waivers?

It would be like our wonderful pitcher Juan Rincon who is now with the Indians. They would have to agree to go down, or we would have to trade them, or they would be released after 13 days. Most probably we would want to trade them for a relief pitcher lets say. The situation would have to be good and that is why we are still holding on to Young even though he is absolutely horrible in the field.