• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice Road Truckers

Gissert

I managed to catch the first episode a week early on a Direct TV preview Channel.

Very interesting, they are filming on a Mackenzie River/Arctic Ocean road this year. The speeds are a lot higher. Drew, Hugh, Alex, and Rick (I think it was Rick) are back this year, along with a couple of veteran drivers on the Arctic road.

I was wondering if this show was going to be good this year. I thought it kind of ran out of steam last year. So far, it looks like it could be pretty interesting.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had my DVR set to record the entire series, so it grabbed the preview on Direct TV channel 101. I did not know it was even going to be on.

I did not want to spill the beans, because there are a couple of interesting things involving drivers from last year.

New start was pretty good. What's up with Drew, what a looser!!! Seems it will be a fun year with them flying 50 mph across ice. Do you think these guys switched to this road just to get the money from the TV deal?

I think it's 50 kilometers per hour, not 50 mph. It's still faster than what they were driving before and should keep the show moving along a little better.

Yeah Drew is a loser. I think the comic strip "Born Loser" was written just for him. He can't catch a break, but he also doesn't help matters much either.

I thought I heard the other road (knife) was slowing down. They went north for future income.

I am sure T.V. does have influence on what they do.

Funny thing, I watched every episode so much last year, during the marathon this year I actually could call every thing that was going to happen. Not many shows now-a-days I can do this with.

The build up between Hugh and Drew is heating up! I am not Drew fan, but luck is not on his side! I did not like when he questioned the boss on when his truck would be running. I think he has a "big head", with the camera's behind him.

I do hope he does well though. He seems like a nice guy.

They keep showing shots of drew driving so there has to be something for him to do?

Are you sure they where driving on the ocean, or was it a river or was it a river that lead to the ocean and then it was an ocean? grin

Google Map the town of Inuvik in the Northwest Territories and you can see the MacKenzie River that they drive on north to the sea. They make a small loop in the bay and then back south to Tuk. Google Maps even shows the "winter road" on there but I don't think it's exactly the path they take because it doesn't show that loop out into the sea. The majority of their trip is on the river though and they seem to have exaggerated the ocean driving a bit.

Reality TV exagerate????? NEVER!!!! What you see happen realy happened right????

Wait a minute..... We'ave all been dooped!!!!!

The next few eppisod's better get good quick or my sunday viewing will have to go elswere.

I gave the 1st season a shot, thought it was OK at best. Tried the show last night. I cancelled the DVR setting. Rick is too much of a [poor word usage] for me to keep watching.