Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gissert

Ice Road Truckers

52 posts in this topic

I managed to catch the first episode a week early on a Direct TV preview Channel.

Very interesting, they are filming on a Mackenzie River/Arctic Ocean road this year. The speeds are a lot higher. Drew, Hugh, Alex, and Rick (I think it was Rick) are back this year, along with a couple of veteran drivers on the Arctic road.

I was wondering if this show was going to be good this year. I thought it kind of ran out of steam last year. So far, it looks like it could be pretty interesting.

I think I caught a commercial last night that Hugh was on Leno. Did anyone catch it?

I didn't know where as such a channel. I say a commercial last night on the discovery channel i believe!!! I can't remember anyone name from lasts year, ones is see in sunday i will

Sunday night they had a review of last year and showed the new road for the new season. It's crazy they are now driving on the ocean.

This i think would be something that we dont wanta miss. I think it would be very interesting to see it and learn alittle bit more about it.

I had my DVR set to record the entire series, so it grabbed the preview on Direct TV channel 101. I did not know it was even going to be on.

I did not want to spill the beans, because there are a couple of interesting things involving drivers from last year.

I thought Canada made it illegal to have cameras in commercial trucks- what happened there? Did they say anything about that, Gissert?

Maybe that is why they are driving on the ocean now.

Ahh, I missed that. I am still half asleep

Tonight is going to be a good show!!! Ever since Gissert said he watch the preview and it was great i have been think about this show!!!

Never mind, I'm watching the last show from last season. That's okay though, I missed this one. The new season starts at 8:00 I think, doesn't it?

New start was pretty good. What's up with Drew, what a looser!!! Seems it will be a fun year with them flying 50 mph across ice. Do you think these guys switched to this road just to get the money from the TV deal?

I think it's 50 kilometers per hour, not 50 mph. It's still faster than what they were driving before and should keep the show moving along a little better.

Yeah Drew is a loser. I think the comic strip "Born Loser" was written just for him. He can't catch a break, but he also doesn't help matters much either.

You think maybe his boss some him on the show last year and was just testing him? Plus, he didn't even bring a jacket up for cripes sake!! That will tell your new boss something.

Yea i'm not a fan for Drew, but o well he might not be around much longer!!! I think they did it for TV!! Some old faces and some new face in a new place!! And really stress that they are driving on the ocean!! Good show

What a whiner. sicksick

I do think they went north for TV. Those guys were happy running the other road. This is probably a $$$$$$$ grab.

I thought I heard the other road (knife) was slowing down. They went north for future income.

I am sure T.V. does have influence on what they do.

Funny thing, I watched every episode so much last year, during the marathon this year I actually could call every thing that was going to happen. Not many shows now-a-days I can do this with.

The build up between Hugh and Drew is heating up! I am not Drew fan, but luck is not on his side! I did not like when he questioned the boss on when his truck would be running. I think he has a "big head", with the camera's behind him.

I do hope he does well though. He seems like a nice guy.

They keep showing shots of drew driving so there has to be something for him to do?

Are you sure they where driving on the ocean, or was it a river or was it a river that lead to the ocean and then it was an ocean? grin

Looks like they're driving down the river then out onto the ocean. Hugh does a lot of showboating for the cameras, I wouldn't want to work for him.

Google Map the town of Inuvik in the Northwest Territories and you can see the MacKenzie River that they drive on north to the sea. They make a small loop in the bay and then back south to Tuk. Google Maps even shows the "winter road" on there but I don't think it's exactly the path they take because it doesn't show that loop out into the sea. The majority of their trip is on the river though and they seem to have exaggerated the ocean driving a bit.

Reality TV exagerate????? NEVER!!!! What you see happen realy happened right????

Wait a minute..... We'ave all been dooped!!!!!

The next few eppisod's better get good quick or my sunday viewing will have to go elswere.

They drive on the river for the most part, but they go on the ocean for a little while to go around a mountain!!!

I gave the 1st season a shot, thought it was OK at best. Tried the show last night. I cancelled the DVR setting. Rick is too much of a [poor word usage] for me to keep watching.