• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Is anyone happy to see the Yankees get off to a slow start?

CNY Tim

I for one am! I saw on ESPN the comparison between the Yankees payroll and the upstart Washington Nationals.. The Nationals are in 1st place with 1/4 of the team salary that the Yankees spent. A matter of fact if you look at Jeter and A-Rods salary you could have the Nationals entire team.

Big Starts for my Redbirds the next two days Mulder hopefully will get off the shnide tonight he's been horrible and Matt Morris get's his first start tomorrow since coming off the DL. Marquis has looked good and so has Suppan and Carpenter as of late. Rolen's starting to get hot look out!

They should rebound (unfortunately) but I like when fat Georgie gets mad and talks boldly to his coaches and players through the media! (classy) I'm sure being the smart person he is, he realizes that kind of behavior probably helps bring in players... NOT!! I wouldn't mind NY so much if it wasn't for G. Stienbrenner!! He's a classless jerkoff!

I too, like to see the yankees struggle. But as always they will come through. They are superstars ya know! I am worried for Rivera. This is as bad as he has ever been. Maybe the Red Sox really did get to him. Anywas Twins win the world series! haha

Put my vote in the glad to see 'em lose column. If I'd seen about one more TV camera shot of Derek Jeter last fall I was gonna puke. All the way Twins!

Isnt it weird how its always the Yankees and Red Sox on ESPN, commercials, and whatnot. I was getting really sick and tired of hearing on sportscenter, " top story yankees/red sox" even when they have a day off "yankees/red sox" it is always an ongoing deal with these teams. Yes, the yankees have the all stars, and yea, red sox won the world series. But come on, Yankees suck right now, red sox won the world series last year! let it go. I hope maybe even the Cubs can get to the WS just so we dont need to hear about the red sox and yankees.

Yeah, I heard George saying that he expected a winning record from his coach and players, seeing how they are the highest paid in baseball.

Message: George feels that the whole point is he should be able to buy a playoff spot. &@#%$ him!

There starting pitching is what's going to kill them this season Wright gave up 8 runs last night and Flash Gordon and Rivera aren't much better. Was nice to see Mulder go 8 strong for my redbirds last night, he gave up just two hits and one unearned run, granted it was against the last place Pirates. It was nice seeing the Cards throwing up a nine spot in the top of the 9th, maybe there offense will start coming along. Morris pitches tonight he wont go more than 85 pitches I'm just glad he's back. Suppan will tote the hill Wednesday night baseball on ESPN against Zambrano and the Cubs. Suppan coming off a complete game shut out in his last start. Pujhols has been cold of late.

I dont know about you guys but I'm ready for another Steinbrenner outburst!

Randy Johnson got beat up by ex-cardinal Eduardo Perez for two home runs and Flash Gordon got rocked again...Now the Yanks go to Toronto, an improved Blue Jay team I might add. Any how Randy Johnson never could beat the Cardinals in the NL we owned him. Matt Morris looked pretty good last night allowed 1 run through 6 innings and struck out 7. That's 5 straight wins keep it going boys!

Oh, oh, I know this is gonna be pox on me, but next to the Twins, I like the Yankees.

They are always the team to beat and if you can pin their ears back, you've done something!

To me, the New York Yankees are the poster team for major league baseball. I believe that people around the world are familiar with the New York Yankees...moreso then say the Brewers!

In my opinion, the Yankees are the yardstick by which major league baseball is judged and it has been that way from the beginning.

I'm out on a limb here, I know that, but I like em and I feel that if your gonna beat someone, it always means more to beat the best. They may have started slow, but you can bet they won't stay slow!

Grebe - I know where your coming from being a Massachusetts native the Red Sox are my second best team so even though I was pulling for my Cards in the series it was with mixed emotions as I feel for the Red Sox too.

It's like in football I am a Browns fan first and foremost but I followed the Vikings and rooted for them in the 70's, I was a big Fran Tarkenton fan.

I agree they're the team to beat generally, but why shouldn't they be? George has no control or really any limit to what he can spend, so if somebody's not performing he buys someone who is. These other teams generally have to find a way to get it done with much less, which makes them a lot easier to cheer for.

I agree in many respects the Yankees are the poster child for MLB as they're the one world wide everyone knows about, but that alone doesn't make them worthy of my loyalties. Just my thoughts, not bashing you for liking them. (Now if you were my brother or a close buddy I'd be ripping on you, but that's different.)

I tell people who ask me who my favorite teams are this-

The Twins and the team playing the Yankees.

I just hate how "The Boss" (not Springsteen...lol) thinks he can buy championships. But then again, where has his money got him lately?

Isringhausen is 6 for 6 in save appearances. My Cardinals are on a roll as of late they have won 9 out of there last 10 and that Mulder/Clemens match up Saturday was a pitching gem. Mulder pitches a 10 inning shut out and the Cards win 1-0.

Yankees continue there troubles they lost the first two to Texas and called up that kid Phillips 1B he looked great and they finally got a good start from Johnson to avoid the sweep. It will be interesting to see how the next month goes for the Yankees. There worst free agent signing by far has been that psycho Kevin Brown he just flat out stinks. I would be very surprised if Stottlemeyer holds on to his pitching coach job much longer.

I love the fact the Yankees are struggling.. an earlier post stated they are the poster child for baseball?? I couldn't disagree more, maybe before the Steinbrenner era when buying championships was less important than "team" play. It's the Yankees with their 30 million luxury tax that is full of individuals, not teamates.

I have yet to meet a U.S. citizen that isn't from NY that is a true baseball fan that cheers for the Yankees. White collar baseball. no thanks.

Ok I'll shut up now, just had to vent a bit!

No offense intended either to you Yankee fans. just opinion.

Kevin "Clown" Brown got whacked again. Now with Williams, Giambi and Sierra as DH's they have 38 million tied in to the DH roll. Gotta love it. They have officially imploded.

My second favorite team is whoevers playing the Yankees. I hate the Yankees so much that it somehow justifys me liking Boston. I really hate them both, but the Yankees symbolize everything that's wrong with MLB. I'm not bitter that the Twins can't go out and sign every washed up old free agent and take on every bad contract in baseball, but it would be nice if we could afford to keep this young nucleus we have now in MN.

Yesterdays New York Post back page trade talks Met's Mike Cameron for Yank's Gary Sheffield. You guys catch Shef's comments on the ESPN? Now there's a TEAM player every GM wants on there team, yeah right!

The thing is there are probably a couple other money guys on that team that would have answered it the same way, Randy Johnson, Kevin Brown and Jason Giambi...

Welcome to the George Steinbrenner retirement plan where we pay you on past performance even though your washed up, a mental case and off roids.

George a news flash.... You can't buy heart.