• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Smoothing a cast Iron pan?

Don't know what genius came up with the idea of sanding a cast iron pan but we just GOTTA find that poor soul something better to do with his time;  like change the air in his truck tires or replace some broom straws or dehydrate some milk.

There are thousands upon thousands of cast iron pans of various sizes and brands all over my home country (Alaska and Yukon) and some of them are maybe a hundred years old. If anybody up that way saw you sanding your frying pan they'd probably knock you in the head and leave you out for the wolves.

Season it with some oil and keep it clean.  Go find some old mono filament to untangle.

8 hours ago, Dotch said:

Oh god, I about split a gut reading that! Thanks for the laugh. Happy 4th Ufatz! :lol:

my to dotch...that was a good reply. didn't know there was that much drama in a cast iron pan!!!!!!!

On 7/4/2016 at 7:20 AM, Ufatz said:

Don't know what genius came up with the idea of sanding a cast iron pan but we just GOTTA find that poor soul something better to do with his time;  like change the air in his truck tires or replace some broom straws or dehydrate some milk.

There are thousands upon thousands of cast iron pans of various sizes and brands all over my home country (Alaska and Yukon) and some of them are maybe a hundred years old. If anybody up that way saw you sanding your frying pan they'd probably knock you in the head and leave you out for the wolves.

Season it with some oil and keep it clean.  Go find some old mono filament to untangle.

May be the guy that made the video didn't have your great knowledge and grow up in countries like (Minnesota and Hennepin)? :lol:

11 hours ago, RebelSS said:

"It's not too late for the pan debate....grab yer griddle and stroke yer fiddle.. tell me bro, are you a fan, should we sand on that pan?"   *boom*chicka boom*boom*    t0212.gif

Says the "Good Morning" thread silliness leader! t0212.gif

On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 0:03 PM, Jim Almquist said:

My 2 Wagner cast iron 10" pans cost a whole 25 cents each at a yard sale. Bought them from a friends mom and got them just for camping back in the 70s. They are as smooth as a babies bottom on the inside and rough on the outside. Just wish I had a gas stove top so I could use then everyday. Darn glasstop stoves :(

I use mine on a glass top all the time.  As long as you're not sliding it around, it's fine.