• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Good Morning!

I'm disheartened,

I hope everyone cools off but it looks like theres some bad blood here.  While things often stray off-topic, it's no different than conversations I have with buddies in the boat or at deer camp and it's always a pleasant and welcome diversion when I can take a break from my busy schedule and drop-in here.  I've learned more in the last few years about cooking, smoking and life than I could ever ask and have gotten so much more than I've gave.  But even better, a bunch of us have made friends here.  Friends that I'd probably sooner spend a weekend with than a lot of my actual "friends"-- even though most of us on here have never met face-to-face.

My life has much improved just because of the inspiration and encouragement to try cool things that I get from the folks on here.  Never would've tried to build my own smoker unless I'd seen some other home made projects and awesome looking food on here from people like Thirdeye and RH1, just to mention a couple.  I started on here probably 5 or 6 years ago back when it was a hopping thread and there's were twice the posters.  Then I saw this forum at its worst when we'd barely get 4 or 5 posts a week after a few people left due to many of the same issues we're seeing today.  After a couple of the people returned, this forum REALLY came alive and took on the great character that we see today - all due to the characters that regularly contribute.

I really hope you reconsider Reinhard, but I understand your frustrations, as well as others.  Like Bobberineyes just said, I'll stick around too - at least for a little while. If nothing else to try an improve things or to figure out a new option so we can all keep in-touch.

Happy thoughts everyone.  RH1 - if you've really had enough, I'll be frequenting your page to keep tabs on the awesomeness that comes out of your kitchen and smoker!  as you always end your messages to all of us: "Good Luck!"

Just too bad! I haven't been as much a regular on the cooking forum as most of you, ( I contributed more to the gardening and birding forums),  but was hoping to learn a lot from you all about smoking and grilling. It would really be a bummer if the best people leave and things go down the tubes but I can understand why you feel the way you do. Maybe take a deep breath and let things cool down and maybe, just maybe, Rick would see the light and do something about the problem. 

Edited by roony

It sucks Roony. I'm a huge believer in "The least government is the best government". But, to benefit all, sometimes certain ones need to get WHACKED. Fact of life. Leave it ferment, and it spoils the whole chunk of meat. So much more went on here than even worth talking about. RH hit on it. 

1 minute ago, eyeguy 54 said:

dont know what will happen but hopefully it will survive. learned a lot in here and hope to learn more

I bet you want a LIKE. You do, dontcha?    God, how the hell can I still joke about things???!?!?

I'm wrapping it up nicely, and sending it to a special person with special wishes. Someone that I just found out who is behind their screen name. Amazing what old cops with lotsa friends can do!   YOW!  I'm stoked now, gonna follow this one all the way down the rabbit hole! Time really does turn things around!! Dontcha just LOVE presents??! Everybody does!! See, we're having FUN, just like you said to! Can't delete that!!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKqRTUNnunbl67v-MvDiS

I wouldn't stoop to mentioning the garbage he's PMing me right now. I haven't read it, lol He wouldn't last in the military or the real world for 5 mns without getting dinged., I can guarantee ya that. Of course, he can say whatever he wants, as RH noted. Doesn't bother me. I just consider the source.

7 hours ago, eyeguy 54 said:

my brain hurts

Have some sumac and tonic water. :lol:

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

To all, Please keep it fun and keep the topics to cooking.  Report them if they go off topic and Rebel will hide and admin will will move them to the appropriate forum or leave them hidden if they have no place or are out of line. I don't believe we want to be too tough on off topic posts within a thread as long as it's  in the spirit of keeping g things fun and friendly.

Nothing heavy handed. Just keep it fun. Please do not ignore or keep your nose out of issues that have the potential to make the cooking forum not fun. Use the Report function and let the moderator or Admins adress the issue. We may not always do what you want but we will do what we can to keep things fun and interesting.

Also, if someone is trolling you in this forum, report their post and we will look into it.

All: I sure would like to have us all back on here, to enjoy what we had and to be able to build on it. I don't know what's going to happen at this time, but I hope we can put it behind us and move on past what has happened and get back to the fun and joking. It affected all of us, let's try to work on it together.....hey, if I can, I know you guys can. 

Rumpled Reb