• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2005 lund explorer 1700 tiller

bltbowhunter

Does anyone run this boat? I found one with a 70 horse Johnson 4 stroke EFI. 998 c graph with side imaging. Terrova 80 with ipilot link. Looks like it's in good condition. Asking price is 16K. Does anyone run this boat? Anything good, great, or bad that you have to say about it or the motor? What would be a fair price to offer? 16 seems high. Thanks

Does anyone run this boat? I found one with a 70 horse Johnson 4 stroke EFI. 998 c graph with side imaging. Terrova 80 with ipilot link. Looks like it's in good condition. Asking price is 16K. Does anyone run this boat? Anything good, great, or bad that you have to say about it or the motor? What would be a fair price to offer? 16 seems high. Thanks

That is a nice rig. The explorer is very wide. Nice open layout. Don't know much about the motor tho.

16k does seem very high. The boat is 10 years old. You can check out NADA and it will give you an idea of what the boat/motor/trailer are worth.

It is starting to get into the sellers market. Lots of guys are going to start thinking about boats vs ice fishing.

Have we had that much inflation because that seems high to me.

Check out NADA for pricing. Keep in mind that NADA will be lower than the MN market. We like our boats more than they do.

That said, NADA shows MSRP of a plain 2005 Explorer 1700 tiller with a Johnson 70 4S to be just under $17k when it was new. You can probably add trailer and electronics to that number.

Onthe other hand, if the motor only has 90 hours on it, it is basically brand new and the boat must be pretty mint also. What does the equivalent unit cost today? There is no warranty which is worth something, but other than that it sounds like basically equivalent to a new rig.

I will start by saying it has been a few years since I was in the boat market so don't know what that boat typically sells for now but keep in mind that he has obviously upgraded his depth finder and trolling motor. A new 998 when it was current was $2k and I think goes for about $1400 now if you can find one. The terrova w/ I pilot link is also $1800. With those additions and the fact it only has 90 hrs I would say the price isn't too out of line. As I am sure you are finding you may be able to find that same year make model boat but it will have way more outdated electronics than the one you described and many more hours of use. If updated electronics is something you care about you might as well add $2-4k to the price of the other boats you look at to update the electronics. It gets tricky looking at used boats because electronics can significantly affect the value of the boat itself. Good luck!

muskielaw

Must be the one advertised on WC. Not much for pics but with that amount of hours Im guessing it is in very good condition and nicely rigged. Might be a tad high but most people leave a little room to dicker. I would rather pay a little more for a mint boat then get a bargain on a beat up one. And if you look at a similar boat that is new that 16K is more like a down payment.

Yes it was on WC. I ended up buying it from him Sight unseen. I did have a buddy of mine go look at it for me. He said it's darn near showroom perfect. It was a little nervous about buying a boat that I haven't seen or driven, but I'm feeling lucky. He did send me about 50 pictures of it and we talked many times. I'm sure it will be a great boat. I can't wait to see it.

I'm sure you will be pleased. You do need to jump all over those types of boats. My boat was the same deal, dang near Mint with hardly any hours on it. People still ask me if it is new and it is an 04', but I am anal and keep it looking nice too.

Enjoy.