• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wild 2014/2015 Regular Season

bbfenatic

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's gonna be a tough call between Dumba and Folin. Interesting to see what happens with Bryz too. They will either release him or try to sign him to a 2-way. Hopefully he's still an option as the goalie circus we had last year is almost certain to come up again at some point.

I'm thinking both Folin and Dumba stay up and play the 5-6 D. I also think Bickel and Almond stay up which leaves Veiux out on waivers which I would think he'll pass but who knows. I think Bryz is going to get a 2 way deal and be sent down, now if he takes it who knows..

After the last couple games I really don't see either Dumba or Folin getting sent down. Af anyone goes it's Folin, but he would be their biggest D, he's sound defensively and has a bomb of a shot. Dumba is a risk/reward guy that would do a lot for their second unit PP... Sounds like they aren't going to send Prosser down either so: Suter/Brodin, Spurgeon/Scandella, Dumba, Folin, Prosser, Ballard Plus Bickel can play wing or D... 9 D on the roster. I guess that's cool but have to wonder if Ballard isn't trade bait, especially if he can't stay healthy.

Be interesting to see what they do with Bryz... Would he take a two-way just to keep his foot in the door? Or do they risk an outright release and hope he's available if Backstrom or Kuemper go down before Harding is back?

After his $23m buyout Bryz played for the Oklahoma City Barons and the Las Vegas Wranglers and both times he was quickly sent up to the NHL so maybe he's willing to play in Iowa. The guy obviously doesn't need the money when he is getting $1.6m per yr over 14 years.

Yeah, Bryz is still getting just shy of $2M a year from Philly so money is no issue. He clearly likes it here. I love the guy. He may not be the superstar goalie but he is entertaining and you need a guy like that around to keep the others in check. Far too serious sometimes.

I wouldnt be surprised if Ballard were traded.

You guys see Leddy got dealt to the Islanders? Salary cap move there. Hawks were over the cap to that point.

Nothing wrong with giving Dumba and Folin 10-20 games each to see who is ready to stick, these things kind of have a way of sorting themselves out over the course of a season. Maybe they both make it or maybe they both end up in the AHL, lots of time to figure it out, training camp just tells us who makes the team at the beginning of the year.

Wild released Bryz from his PTO, but apparently Fletcher and his agent are going to talk.

Wild also put Almond and Vellieux on waivers, and reassigned Wrecker and Gabriel. Almond is on a one-way and has a clause in his contract that he can go back to the Swiss league if he doesn't make the Wild, so be interesting to see if he goes to Iowa or back to Europe. Have to think he'd be high on the call-up list if guys get hurt.

What the heck is going on in Winnipeg? They trade with Montreal for Peter Budaj, then turn around and place him on waivers right away?

Quote:
What the heck is going on in Winnipeg? They trade with Montreal for Peter Budaj, then turn around and place him on waivers right away?

To quote Dumb and Dumber, pick em up! Add him to our stable of unpredictable goalies. lol

On Cody Almond, why not try and trade Brodziak for something, anything and have Almond play the 4th line Center if he gets through waivers. They are pretty similar players at this point only Almond has some upside and something to prove.

No mention of the Captain netting the winner in OT?

And im not trolling here but Leddy is probably the most over rated Dman in the league. He would be lucky to be our 5 or 6 and no chance to make our top 4.

Hes just not that good and was put in the perfect situation.

And im not trolling here but Leddy is probably the most over rated Dman in the league. He would be lucky to be our 5 or 6 and no chance to make our top 4.

Not trolling hah! I'd put him #3....behind Suter and Spurgeon...NYI are making some good moves that will keep them heading in the right direction IMO.

Not trolling hah! I'd put him #3....behind Suter and Spurgeon...NYI are making some good moves that will keep them heading in the right direction IMO.

Im sure you would. There is a reason he was benched in back to back playoffs. He was terrible to say the least.

Zero chance he would be our 3rd dman imo.

Well I'm not ready to crown leddy the best D Man by any stretch but to use the argument of being benched as a barometer as to the skill level of a player well ask Garth snow how that turned out with Nino.

There's more to a benching than ability.

Well I'm not ready to crown leddy the best D Man by any stretch but to use the argument of being benched as a barometer as to the skill level of a player well ask Garth snow how that turned out with Nino.

I agree, he's above average and other than Suter and Spurgeon that's all we have at this point on D IMO..... some slightly above avg players. His teammates seemed to think he was good with updside as well

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/hoc...1007-story.html

You realize by making that argument you're equating Garth Snow and Joel Quenville, right? smile I know who's judgment I'd trust more...

Most people don't realize this, but there are actually two Nick Leddys...

There's the mythical Nick Leddy...the second coming of Bobby Orr he's one of us hometown boy played for the Gophers (never mind or never forgive that he left early, depending) if only that moron Fletcher hadn't traded him he'd have ridden into town on a unicorn with the Stanley Cup under one arm and a basket full of puppies and Norris trophies under the other Nick Leddy that the provincials can't seem to stop pining over and bring up ad nauseam...

Then there's the actual Nick Leddy, who is a durable, serviceable NHL defenseman with slightly better than average offensive upside and some defensive liabilities to balance it out. He's a top pair guy on an mediocre team, a middle pair guy on almost any team, a bottom pair guy on a very good team, and couldn't consistently crack the postseason lineup on an arguably great team and became trade bait because of that, plus purely business considerations like contract value and term. At the end of the day he was a cap casualty.

The Ryan Carter signing is interesting. Liked his game when he was in New Jersey. I don't think it's any secret that Brodziak has been available for a while, but seriously, who wants a $3M/year 4th line center any more than the Wild do? Guess it goes to show when you have a chance to add a depth/character guy on the cheap (and on a two-way besides) you do it.

Then there's the actual Nick Leddy, who is a durable, serviceable NHL defenseman with slightly better than average offensive upside and some defensive liabilities to balance it out. He's a top pair guy on an mediocre team

Thanks RK, that was the confirmation I was waiting for on Leddy smile

Gonna be awesome Thursday night...I am sure Roy has a "revenge" attitude and after his "pep talk" they will come out flying trying to get that first goal.

Thanks RK, that was the confirmation I was waiting for on Leddy smile

Gonna be awesome Thursday night...I am sure Roy has a "revenge" attitude and after his "pep talk" they will come out flying trying to get that first goal.

smile

Yeah, wonder how long it takes someone to try to run Cooke? Bordeleau's out so it won't be him. Cliche or McGinn maybe?