• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Vexilar FLX-28 vs. Marcum LX-7

Vitreus

No matter which flasher you buy, you always will question if you should have bought the competitors and wondering if you are missing out. Its human nature.

If you don't plan on buying another one for a long time, then IMO you purchased the right one.

7eurW.gif

Never had the 7 but owned a 6. I bought a 28 this year and have only had it on the ice once this year so far. No complaints so far. I think you will be happy. Take the time and play with it. Not just once but several times. I hated my 6 at first but then after using it multiple times I fell in love but then my stuff was stolen and I replaced it with the 28

The LX7 sucks the screen freezes up and its all pixeliaed but the vexilars don't do that and they last a long time you made a excellent choice

I am starting my second full season with the unit and have not seen this either. I have owned an FL8, FL18, ICE55 and now the LX7. They are all good units and do their job.

The LX7 sucks the screen freezes up and its all pixeliaed but the vexilars don't do that and they last a long time you made a excellent choice

I'll be the third guy to say I have never seen anything like this, and my screen is extremely sharp and clear.

i do however love when a person has an issue with their product (regardless of brand) they immediately start spouting off and calling for the competitors brand... heaven for bid they may have a faulty unit, (shhhh all brands occasionally have one) or even the unthinkable user error....... crycrycry

Sounds like the LCD heater is not functioning properly and the cold has caused damage. Call up customer support.

I finally got to use my new LX7 yesterday and all I can say is "WOW" I love this thing. Took about 5 minutes to figure out what screen options I wanted and make all adjustments as far as sensitivity etc. The only problem I have is my charger won't turn green but the voltage reads HI V on gauge so I guess it is working. I have not been able to look at the vex 28 for comparison.

I finally got to use my new LX7 yesterday and all I can say is "WOW" I love this thing. Took about 5 minutes to figure out what screen options I wanted and make all adjustments as far as sensitivity etc. The only problem I have is my charger won't turn green but the voltage reads HI V on gauge so I guess it is working. I have not been able to look at the vex 28 for comparison.

3rd season on my 7 and lights never turned green....

I have the LX7 myself, and I've found that if I don't charge my unit for a while or if the battery is really low that it takes a looooooong time for the charger to turn green. Eventually though, it always does. We're talking like 36 hours long though.

It would really be nice if there was a direct comparison on paper. It's difficult to compare the two just based off of the company HSOforum, since they dilute the facts with their own jargon (target id, target separation, etc.).

Just bought a 28 Friday night and have been out a couple times now. Like it so much I am going to sell my 20 & 22 and get 2 more 28`s.Didn`t think I would ever get rid of the 22 because it works so well in shallow water.

See I wasn't a fan of the 28 in shallow water actually. Maybe I just need to work with changing up the settings a bit. What settings were you using in shallow?