• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best fishing shoes?

bassnub

regarding the Teva's.../... i keep 1 pair for nice evening wear & worn abused ones for everyday & fishing.

Well. You have officially gotten my first chuckle for the day! laugh

"Evening wear sandals...not just for the wives anymore"

In all seriousness, I know what you mean, hopefully.

I must second the comfort of Merrill footwear. Absolutely amazing (for my feet at least). I just cant get over how good they feel. The ones I have aren't appropriate for fishing, but I wish they were. Might have to do some shopping soon.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cool i love my VANS SHOES THERE NON-SLIP BOTTOM IS THICK SOFT RUBBER AND NON SLIP GRIP ESPECIALY WHEN WET, AS WELL AS DURABLE LONG LASTING GOOGLE VANS SHOES I LIKE SLIP ON STYLE BEST NO LACES TO TRIP OVER

MADE IN USA

THERE ARE ALOT OF CHEAP COPY CAT BRANDS AT "SUPERSTORES" THAT REALY SUCK AND WEAR OUT MY FEET FOR 10BUCKS

VANS COST AROUND 50 DOLLARS SND ARE WELL WORTH THE MONEY FOR A DURABLE COMFERT BOAT/FISHING

If I could wear crocs to work I would. Love em! I have 3 diff colors of the "standard" croc - blue, tan, and camo. Also have the lined warm ones, and 2 diff nicer dress type ones. The one dress pair look like a real nice loafer but have a croc inside - awesome!

I fought them for years based on ugly-ness, now I dont care, they are great...

I wear a knock off of the crocs when loading and unloading my boat when the water is warm enough but I wear Merrels when fishing. Very comfortable with plenty of support and they come in wide sizes, I wear the slip on ones and I think I have around five pair around here. Always end up buying a new pair to have a good looking shoe to wear but I forget and go to work in them and get paint or get them dirty and they become another fishing pair of shoes..

anyone checked out the new columbia water shoes? they look nice and can be worn in and out of the water.....was thinking of pickinng up a pair....

As far as the thread goes.....my vote goes to Keen. My daughter has a pair and they are the best sandals I have ever seen.

I highly recommend NOT and I repeat NOT buying Crocs if your back and feet hurt from standing too long. Crocs will not resolve any of those issues.. I work in a kitchen and owned a pair of the "Mario Batalli Edition" Crocs and my back and knees got so sore from wearing them

I've worked in kitchens for years, and I can't imagine crocs being a safe shoe for cooking in anyways. dump a pan of hot soup, or spill some hot grease on your foot, i'm thinking ur taking an express trip to the ER.... just my 2 cents

I've worked in kitchens for years, and I can't imagine crocs being a safe shoe for cooking in anyways. dump a pan of hot soup, or spill some hot grease on your foot, i'm thinking ur taking an express trip to the ER.... just my 2 cents

they were made for kitchen use.. closed toes.. and non-slip bottoms and honestly.. if i spill hot grease/soup on my foot.. wearing lace-up shoes is probably worse. seeing as it would take a lot longer to get off than just kicking off a croc.. but like I said.. USED TO wear.. meaning I don't anymore since they are too uncomfortable in the first place.. now i'm back to my old routine of kicking down my old pair of shoes to the kitchen.

I love my 5 year old Cabela's hiking shoes. They are waterproof, grip well, comfy enough after the years of abuse, and keep my feet from getting burned. Probably the best outdoor shoe I've owned.

I fought them for years based on ugly-ness, now I dont care, they are great...

I'm way too good looking to be seen in a pair of crocs in summer or mickey mouse boots in winter. smile

Keens for me, and I need a new pair, the threads on one foot have finally failed after 5 years.

I highly recommend NOT and I repeat NOT buying Crocs if your back and feet hurt from standing too long. Crocs will not resolve any of those issues.. I work in a kitchen and owned a pair of the "Mario Batalli Edition" Crocs and my back and knees got so sore from wearing them

I have knee problems and the only shoe that I have found that really works for me are Crocs. So I guess its really personal preference, everybody has to find what works for them.

BTW, Crocs have tons of normal looking shoes/sandals now. I have some that are similar to Vans, you wouldn't even know they were Crocs if they didn't say it on the heel.

I do like Merrel's for hiking and similar outdoor activities.

I'm way too good looking to be seen in a pair of crocs in summer or mickey mouse boots in winter. smile

Keens for me, and I need a new pair, the threads on one foot have finally failed after 5 years.

Good one buddy... I thought you didnt like Mickeys cuz they were too heavy and your weak old legs couldn't handle them... grin

I have tried on a few diff Keens and they all have the same prob for me. My little toe just cant get comphy. Seems like it is always partially on a strap

I just got my $350 insoles because of back and heel problems. My foot doctor told me Crocs are just about the worst thing you can do to your feet. I still like em though.

I just got my $350 insoles because of back and heel problems. My foot doctor told me Crocs are just about the worst thing you can do to your feet. I still like em though.

My buddy is a chiropracter and he set me up with expensive insoles custom to my feet... If I spend 12 hours in those my feet and knees are hurtin. Crocs - no problems... cool

I wear tevas most of the time on the water but the Keens are super comforatable and have the advantage of an arch support, yet they are cool when in hot sunshine. I wear A running shoe all day at work and if I wear a dress shoe I'm very uncomfortable. I do physical therapy for a living and am on my feet alot. Bottomline, is wear the shoe that gives you the best support and the best feel after a day on the water. If a REedwing boot gives you comfort, throw that on and wear shorts with it. You won't be fashionable, but I'd sacrifice being comfortable all day everyday, rather then being miserable on the water. Find a shoe that fits well and cushions you well and pick that shoe to wear on the water. Some great brands have been mentioned but if your feet are hurting, then you'll be hurting after a day on the water. Find a shoe that works with you and don't worry about fashion. Rockport, Redwing, Keen, Teva, are all worth a try. Crocs are lightweight but don't support your arches very well. Do you have this problem with the shoes/boots you hunt in or wear to work? Have you seen a podiatrist and been fitted with insoles or inserts? Everyone has a pair that fits well and is comfortable and if not, then I suggest going to a podiatrist or orthotics firm and being fitted with insoles that you can interchange to the shoes you want to wear.

Tunrevir~

cool i love my VANS SHOES THERE NON-SLIP BOTTOM IS THICK SOFT RUBBER AND NON SLIP GRIP ESPECIALY WHEN WET, AS WELL AS DURABLE LONG LASTING GOOGLE VANS SHOES I LIKE SLIP ON STYLE BEST NO LACES TO TRIP OVER

MADE IN USA

THERE ARE ALOT OF CHEAP COPY CAT BRANDS AT "SUPERSTORES" THAT REALY SUCK AND WEAR OUT MY FEET FOR 10BUCKS

VANS COST AROUND 50 DOLLARS SND ARE WELL WORTH THE MONEY FOR A DURABLE COMFERT BOAT/FISHING

VANS ARE FINE SHOES, BUT WHEN I AM LOOKING FOR A PAIR OF FOOTWEAR FOR FISHING APRIL THROUGH SEPTEMBER, I ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE IT BE SUITABLE FOR WADING AS MUCH AS BEING SUITABLE FOR GENERAL BOATWEAR.