Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
JBMasterAngler

Walking Dead

Me and my wife love this show and were very excited for lastnight's premiere! As much as I like this show, I couldn't help but notice 1 fatal flaw...last season 2 of the guys got rubbed up in zombie guts and walked among then, but when it started raining, the zombies could smell them immediately. So lastnight they all hide under cars and go completely unnoticed. Hmmm. Well, aside from that I still love the show!

You shoulda watched "The Talking Dead". The new after the show talk show. kinda lame but nice lil tidbits of info and they address the guts zombie smellin deal. I believe it will be on after every new episode.

I had never really watched the show before. Yesterday was a daylong couch outing and watched like 5 hours of the previous episodes and really liked it. So much that i was not as impressed with the first new episode compared to the old ones. Will be tuning in for more though!

I also watched season 1 on netflix. Gotta say that I really liked the show. They threw a few good twists and turns in there. It almost made me feel like I was just watching a movie instead of a tv show. I basically watched the first season in a few sittings.

Good show! Figured I would start watching it to have something to watch Sundays since breaking bad is over for the year.

JUst goes to show you don't have to tbe the fastest runner, just the faster than your buddy running away from the zombies... It helps to shoot your buddy to slow him down too. That was bad...

That was pretty bad! He could've at least shot him dead instead of letting the zombies eat him alive. I honestly think I would rather be burned alive than eaten by zombies.

JB... I am not sure either of those 2 are appealing?... But when the Zombie horde comes we will all remember to light you on fire first. JK

Love this show, but they are straying away from and coming back once in a while to the story lines from the book...

I set the DVR a week too late, so I watched eps 1-6 on Netflix, and have 8 through 10 or 11 recorded, but am missing 7! Hopefully there is a marathon soon. I can't find it anywhere online.

Liked the 1st season better... kinda of getting frustrated that they are keeping waaaaayyyyy to many major story lines going at once here they are also getting beat up really bad. Kid shot, girl lost, ankle, pregnant, daryl hurt, guy cut his arm, love the comment by the old guy about its amazing you people survived this long...

So apparently this farm house has an unlimited supply of chickens and guns. Would you really waste a valuable source of food on zombies? Also, gun training would be important, but saving the bullets would be more important. They were poppin' off rounds like there was no tomorrow! Where are is all this ammo coming from?

I thought the same thing. I can't imagine there's a Federal plant around pumping out ammo. I've been wondering why they don't hit a sporting goods shop for some bows or more crossbows. Those are quiet, and you can reclaim your projectile.

By not killing his "family" in the barn he is just being cruel. He is a strange guy though and really quite the fool. Why wouldn't you want them to stay? Safety in numbers!

I guess we are all thinking alike (wasting chickens & rounds, killing the walkers in the barn (next week it looks like), staying together on the farm). Rick didn't do a good job explaining what he saw at the CDC with Jenner. Those walkers aren't coming back unless veterinarian Herschel knows reincarnation.

Believing they are sick, not dead, must be how he is dealing with the whole zombie apocolyse thing... He is wrong but he also has the best place to stay... Not sure how he can MAKE them leave anyway?

How's that for conflict resolution? As always, more new questions than answers. It'll be a long wait till February.

Hershel was not straight about Sophia so everybody got wronged a little.

What I wanna know is....how was Sophia turned and not eatin? I mean I dont think a zombie would stop at just one bite and she doesn't seem feisty enough to fight one off.

What I wanna know is....how was Sophia turned and not eatin? I mean I dont think a zombie would stop at just one bite and she doesn't seem feisty enough to fight one off.

Great point... that didn't make sense.

Talking Dead explained they wanted her to look as close to "normal" as they could and even shot one without her looking turned, which would have been a dreamlike sequence when she came at them...

I was really mad when she came out of the barn like that, but one way or another they solved the walkers in the barn issue.

Maybe Sophia drank the well water. I love the show. I was hoping they Would find Sophia and resolve that. What are they gonna do about Shane? Hes losing it. Great moment when Rick made the tough choice and shot Sophia. I am not surprised about the amt of ammo. Probably most of us have several thousand rounds. I have over a 1000 just in rimfire. I have 200 rounds in 10, 16, and 20ga an I dont own any of the three. I think a .22 would be a good gun for this. All you gotta do is put a hole in their head. Clean burning, reliable, accurate. No recoil, you can easy carry 500 rounds on your person. Dont even have to clean your guns. Just find a new one every so often.

Anyone hear on Talking Dead the one guy gave away a secret? About Herschel's wife getting shot in the mouth as a walker in the barn?