• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

what is the best auto jigger for the price

stealth3350

I have 2 units that are made by Finicky Fish Factory. It uses D cells and the batterys last all season. You can set it to jig constantly or jig 4-5 times and then wait a while and jig again. Well made units, very quiet, and reliable. Not sure if they are still on the market or not, I did not see the vendor at the ice show this year.

If quality means nothing to you buy the others. If you want a unit that will last a lifetime and performs to your expectations, buy the Lindell. Quality is everything when it comes to purchasing outdoor gear if you want it to last. You can run the Lindell off your Vexilar battery for a long time before having to recharge, and they are built to last. Lindell is known for their quality products.

Finicky Fish Factory are the ones that Fish House Supply has, these units are built to last. I have 2 in my fish house and they work awesome!

I can use them all winter and after season put the batteries in a flashlight.

You will like them better then lindells becuase they have a slower jigging pulse and it won't kill the live bait.

I have had mine for 8 years now with no complaints, and the best thing is you don't have to worry about hard wiring them to a 12 volt battery supply like lindells, plus they are about $30 cheaper.

Look at the design and craftsmanship of both units, and then buy which ever one you feel the most comfortable with after comparing the two units. The Lindell auto jigger has a 1 to 60 dial which allows you to set the jigging mechanism from a subtle presentation to a more aggressive presentation, and the only thing killing live bait on a Lindell is the walleyes.

I prefer to power a Lindell from my Vexilar battery or a spare vex battery versus D batteries because if I don't have extra D batteries when they are dead, I can't use the Motorvator by Finicky's. I had 2 Motorvators for years and they worked, but battery drain was a problem, at least for me.

It also appears that my hook sets with the Lindell have been at a higher ratio because I don't seem to loose as many fish. It seemed at times like the hooks weren't getting set fast enough with the Motorvator to get a good set and my hooks were sharp. I also like the fact that with the Lindell, my line is directly centered over the hole straight up and down. With the Finicky's Motorvator the unit needs to be mounted flush to the wall on the side of the fish house to secure it, and the line doesn't center down the hole. I guess you can back it with a 2 x4 like I did to center it more, but after using the swing arm on the Lindell it's kind of a no-brainer. The mount and swing arm on the Lindell can also be used as a rod holder if you want to use a rod/reel combo to do some deadsticking if desired.

One unit is more expensive than the other, but it's also more detailed, a lot more functional and involves a lot more craftmanship. Just my opinion, but the Lindell is simply a much better design and a lot more functional. At the end of the day, buy which ever unit you can afford and enjoy either one.

I've had a Lindell for around 10 years and it's still works perfectly. Bought it at the ice fishing show but haven't seen it there for a while so I thought they went away. Glad to see they are still making them.

It's great for an overnight rattle real as well as taking a break. It goes on every one of my trips.

I'll have to keep a log this year to see how it does. I might have to get another one now that I know where to get them.

"what is the best auto jigger for the price?"

I prefer my Left, or my Right hand. Or if I'm feeling especially talented that day, both.

I'm "Low Tech" and "Green" on such things.

wink

Great response Ed grin

I have a Finicky Fish Factory and most of the time it sits home. Why ?

Like Ed, I jig one rod and the other is my deadstick. This way I am giving them the choice of a moving bait or a more subtle presentation under the deadstick. When you have light biting walleyes I want the all the feel I can get.

I had 2 Motorvators for years and they worked, but battery drain was a problem, at least for me.

It also appears that my hook sets with the Lindell have been at a higher ratio because I don't seem to loose as many fish. It seemed at times like the hooks weren't getting set fast enough with the Motorvator to get a good set and my hooks were sharp.

It's obvious you didn't know how to run the Fish Factory Motorvator. It's not designed for setting the hook for you.

Its designed to slowly jig live bait, then after you get the hit the fish pulls the line off the jigger, alowing you to feed the fish line. Then YOU set the hook!

Not sure where you were getting your batteries from, everyone else that has posted got a full season out of one set of battereies. I can also use mine in my flashlight after season ends.

I was also wrong on the price. The motorvator is only $59.95 VS Lindells @ $129.95.

A guy can buy alot of batteries when saving $70 Bucks

I received one for Christmas last year, and not being sure if they were legal, I emailed the MN DNR and inquired about the legality of an autojigger. I got the following response from a DNR information consultant: "Hello,

It would be legal if it does not set the hook.

There is a product out there call the automatic fisherman.

Which sets the hook for you. That product is illegal to use in Minnesota because it sets the hook." I printed this message and put it in my auto-jigger case, just in case an officer questioned the legality of my unit. I have found that I never use mine, I fish out of portables and it's just more weight to carry. If I had a permanent, I would probably use it while cooking. Like Ed, I like jigging myself with a flasher. Hope this helps.

Great response Ed grin

I have a Finicky Fish Factory and most of the time it sits home. Why ?

Like Ed, I jig one rod and the other is my deadstick. This way I am giving them the choice of a moving bait or a more subtle presentation under the deadstick. When you have light biting walleyes I want the all the feel I can get.

I have only tested the Lindell auto jigger ($130.00)while fishing on LOW last week and I was very impressed with it.

The first fish caught on it was a 4 lb walleye, that was the largest but there were numerous others big and small.

It took a couple of minutes to get it set, but it worked great and it consistently attracted walleye and sauger.

The auto-jigger is powered by a locator type battery, mine was still going strong after the better part of 2 days use.

One other thing, since Reed's was out of the units, I ordered it directly from Barry....great guy, super customer service.

Just my personal opinion.....good luck.