Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
SledNeck

Youth waterfowl day..Whos bringing the young guns out?

good luck to your young waterfowler sledneck. I sure had some great hunts and memories taking my boys out to the marsh, they must have liked it to they go out with me a lot yet. I keep telling them there time to do the bull work for me is coming up.

I'm taking my cousin out and its first time out ever with my retriever. I'll be working the video camera and calling birds. I'm probably more excited than he is. He's been shooting for the county 4H team, so if he's on his game we should be done pretty quickly.

buddy and my self are taking four kids out this should be a lot of fun for them and us. hopefully its a prelude to North Dakota for MEA week as we are taking the same kids out their with us.

I'm taking my nephew out. He's been "hunting" geese with me for about 3 years with his bb gun. Cutest thing ever to have him pop up out of a layout blind with his Daisy Hill.

Yes sir two new ready and eager Waterfowl Hunters and a sweet semi private pond holding birds ready to go!

Did some warm up Trap shooting with them this weekend to get primed and tuned up.

Good Luck!

ive been seeing alot of ducks while scouting. My 11 year old will be on the trigger, Ill be the dog handler.

Youth waterfowl day is like cheatin! Those ducks wont be ready for us!

My 11 year old will start his 3rd year shooting at ducks. He is graduating from his single shot 20 ga to a 12 ga pump this year.

My 11 year old daughter and I will be out and about. This will be her second YWD. Last year she was shooting a single shot .410 and got her 1st duck (hen mallard) out of the air. We were paddling a small creek jump shooting and she made an awesome crossing shot.

This year she will be using her new Mossberg 500 Bantam Youth pump 20 gauge. That should increase her odds a bit.

Probably decoy hunt in the morning and do some paddling after that.

Gotta squeeze in a nap before we hit the ground blind for her 1st bowhunt that evening. Maybe I'll just take a nap in the bow blind? wink

Brian

This will be my 12 year old daughters first year hunting. She handled gun safety very well and passed with flying colors. We are very excited for the season to start, birds or no birds it will be a great year with my little gilr.

Good luck to all!

Good Luck to everyone taking their kids, or a friend out! I have always looked forward to this Youth Waterfowl Day when I was under 15 years old, great memories with friends and families that I will always remember.

The best one is that I shot my first duck with a band and shot a double back on my first youth duck hunt! The limit was 3 ducks, If I remember right.

Post some photos too smile

I'll be taking my cousin out tomorrow morning. It will be his first time hunting ever I think, he's pretty excited. We will be at my parent's property NW of Stillwater. Water level is really low this year, and my dad hasn't been seeing many ducks at all. I definitely have my fingers crossed.

I will be out in the Lonsdale area with my son.

This will be his first year and the scouting we have done it should be a good.

Sifty