• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Youth waterfowl day..Whos bringing the young guns out?

good luck to your young waterfowler sledneck. I sure had some great hunts and memories taking my boys out to the marsh, they must have liked it to they go out with me a lot yet. I keep telling them there time to do the bull work for me is coming up.

I'm taking my cousin out and its first time out ever with my retriever. I'll be working the video camera and calling birds. I'm probably more excited than he is. He's been shooting for the county 4H team, so if he's on his game we should be done pretty quickly.

My 11 year old daughter and I will be out and about. This will be her second YWD. Last year she was shooting a single shot .410 and got her 1st duck (hen mallard) out of the air. We were paddling a small creek jump shooting and she made an awesome crossing shot.

This year she will be using her new Mossberg 500 Bantam Youth pump 20 gauge. That should increase her odds a bit.

Probably decoy hunt in the morning and do some paddling after that.

Gotta squeeze in a nap before we hit the ground blind for her 1st bowhunt that evening. Maybe I'll just take a nap in the bow blind? wink

Brian

Good Luck to everyone taking their kids, or a friend out! I have always looked forward to this Youth Waterfowl Day when I was under 15 years old, great memories with friends and families that I will always remember.

The best one is that I shot my first duck with a band and shot a double back on my first youth duck hunt! The limit was 3 ducks, If I remember right.

Post some photos too smile

I'll be taking my cousin out tomorrow morning. It will be his first time hunting ever I think, he's pretty excited. We will be at my parent's property NW of Stillwater. Water level is really low this year, and my dad hasn't been seeing many ducks at all. I definitely have my fingers crossed.