• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Blood blisters??

broken_line

Question

so today i was putting electric start on my outboard and was turning the fly wheel and something made the starter kick in and my thumb went through the space between the 2 .. what should i do with it? its 1" long, 1/2" wide and 1/4" tall.. and hurts like the dickens!

12 answers to this question

I've seen this successful. Sterilize (boil) a needle and about 6" o sewing thread. Slide needle with thread in one side and out the other (of the blood blister) and leave the thread to wick the blood out each side. It relieves the pressure and doesn't leave the skin open.

If it is small, I leave them alone, it will dry up. Not any pressure there for those, but a BIG one like that is going to have a lot of pressure. Those I use a sharp needle to relieve the pressure. One small hole will do it, and you will notice the difference. Don't let air in there...that will HURT...cover with bandaid (antibiotic) to keep it clean. Those are fun.........NOT.......have fun.

When you get one that big, in a place that will be a problem (your thumb eek ) It will be very hard to leave it alone. If you are playing with it, it is that much more likely to get infected.

I would lance it, and get the bacitracin or the neosporin and a good bandaid like one of the water-proof type from 3M.

Keep it Clean!!! It will heal, but it will take time.

Put your finger in your mouth and bite it open, stick hand in lake to rinse it out, (watch out northerns and muskie like blood) sew open bite wound back together with some fishing line and you should be good to go??!! :-)