Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
broken_line

Blood blisters??

so today i was putting electric start on my outboard and was turning the fly wheel and something made the starter kick in and my thumb went through the space between the 2 .. what should i do with it? its 1" long, 1/2" wide and 1/4" tall.. and hurts like the dickens!

I've seen this successful. Sterilize (boil) a needle and about 6" o sewing thread. Slide needle with thread in one side and out the other (of the blood blister) and leave the thread to wick the blood out each side. It relieves the pressure and doesn't leave the skin open.

If it is small, I leave them alone, it will dry up. Not any pressure there for those, but a BIG one like that is going to have a lot of pressure. Those I use a sharp needle to relieve the pressure. One small hole will do it, and you will notice the difference. Don't let air in there...that will HURT...cover with bandaid (antibiotic) to keep it clean. Those are fun.........NOT.......have fun.

When you get one that big, in a place that will be a problem (your thumb eek ) It will be very hard to leave it alone. If you are playing with it, it is that much more likely to get infected.

I would lance it, and get the bacitracin or the neosporin and a good bandaid like one of the water-proof type from 3M.

Keep it Clean!!! It will heal, but it will take time.

Do what Frank says. I've done it both ways, and his way is the best way in this. Your body knows what to do with dead blood, so let your body do its job and don't jack around with it.

I always pop them and then cover and keep them clean, but that is just my way. They skin under the blister is a bit tender for a while but it seems to heal quicker that way.

Put your finger in your mouth and bite it open, stick hand in lake to rinse it out, (watch out northerns and muskie like blood) sew open bite wound back together with some fishing line and you should be good to go??!! :-)