• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Favorite Minnesota Restuarant (non-chain)

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a Bantam tournament in Cloquet in early January. An opposing coach recently told me to stop at Gordies High Hat. I plan to. Can they accomodate 14 teenagers and twentyeight parents at once? If not I will keep it to myself. Food recommendations? I eat basically everything.

I have a Bantam tournament in Cloquet in early January. An opposing coach recently told me to stop at Gordies High Hat. I plan to. Can they accomodate 14 teenagers and twentyeight parents at once? If not I will keep it to myself. Food recommendations? I eat basically everything.

If it were during the summer they could, not sure when its a little colder and sitting outside isn't as much of an option.

I am sorry to say but Gordys is closed for the season but you will be able to find plenty of other places to eat. Places that are close to the rink to eat that are fast are McDonald's,Arbys,Pizza Hut, and close by you will find Perkins and a Taco Johns/Steak Escape.

Just picked up my annual apple pie from Jim's Apple Barn between Belle Plaine and Jordan on 169. It's gotta be the BEST apple pie in the state! It's becoming a tradition to go there every fall at least once and pick up a pie. Great Pumpkin pie as well and several other varieties. They also have a lot of preserves, smoked meats, cheeses, salsas, etc. Not to mention the variety of fresh-picked apples. Definitely worth stopping in if you're passing by. The smell of the baking pies alone is worth the visit.

The apple with the carmel on top...mmmm. Took one of their frozen pies (carmel not available in take and bake) up to NoDak duck camp and it was a big hit.

Suzette just up the road in the old roadside diner has very good french/italian.

Big Daddy's in Duluth. Not your typical Burger Joint, located on upper Piedmont Ave in the plaza. Try the Belly Buster if you dare. 2 half pound patties and all the fixings, plus 2 lbs of fries. If you finish it all you get your picture on the Wall of Fame. My favorite is the Big Daddy burger. 1/2 lb beef with bacon, fried onions, avacado, pepper cheese, mushrooms, and served on a large sour dough english muffin. Fries are all fresh cut and fried crisp.