Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jameson

dog ate roll of t.p. Worry?

21 posts in this topic

Got home a little while ago and one of the dogs made a nearly a full roll of 2-ply disappear. She seems 100% fine at this time. Think she will be ok? Any one have this same thing happen before?

My 5 month old pup eats kleenex and paper towels all the time. He seems to wait until we turn our heads and then he goes right for them. He's never eaten a whole roll of TP however.

He usually just passes it like anything else. You'll probably notice when it comes out because it will look very similar to when it went in.

I think that perhaps dogs are working on a new way to wipe a behind. Now they can wipe while still in the process of going.

go out back to my bathroom at my shop no T.P! The pouch will be fine, mine has ate much worse.

I would be a little concerned, but I would probably just keep an eye on it and making sure it's eating and defacating normally for the next few weeks. TP is meant to break down, so I would think it'll pass without too much problem.

ya don't sweat it, my dog has ate more out of a 4 pack then I have used! grin

Well 15 hours or more later every thing seems fine. I haven't noticed the finished product yet, but I am thinking it will come out soon.

Thanks for the replies! With all the things my dogs have eaten, I still get worried when they discover something new.

spray a little 50/50 mix tabascco and water on some TP then let your dog give it a whirl, one take and that should take care of it

I did discover just the other day that my pup got ahold of one of my socks and ate the entire thing. I didn't realize until it came out the other end still completely intact.

No wonder he threw up the night before.

So i have a young boxer and last summer we had a friend watch her and the wifes cat. he had instructions that if he was to leave that he shut the door to our bed room where the cat always was so as to sperate our then 6 month old very fiesty pup from the cranky older cat. well sure enough he leaves and does not shut the door cause he felt sorry for the cat being cooped up while the dog had free rein even though the cat never really leaves the room. So in the time he is gone our pup discovers my wifes shampoo and conditioner which she ate the majority of along with a full bar of soap and 6 yes 6 toilet paper rolls. when he returns there are huge piles of foamy toilet paper puke piles all over the house. he being an less than inteligent individual didnt see the need to call us and inform us of this or bring her to the vet. granted she was just fine when we got home from the weekend but still. she has also eatin a whole tube of anit secnet deoderant for deer hunting . i love my dog dearly but man i think she is a lil damaged sometimes

Once time my dog got a hold of a large bag of bite sized 3 musketeers.

I could tell every time she went for 2 days after that since there were shiny tinfoils in each pile.

oh there was also an inncident where my last dog got into and devoured an unopened bag of rolling tobacoo with her sister

that "cleaned" them both out too. didnt even relly make em sick other than the runs guess it even acts as a wormer from what the Texas hill country vet said

my cat ate 5 yards of fishing line and well this sounds grose but about half the line was hanging out and the line had a "trailer" on the end hahah i didnt think to hard and i steped on the line and she ran lik a bat outa he.. and all the line came out.. what goes througha pets mind to eat stuff that dont taste!!?!?!!?

My buddy was just telling me about his lab/collie mix. It ate an entire package of steel wool. Some with some cleaner residue on them. Needless to say that required a trip to the vet, sounds like they made her throw them all up with no ill effects.

I did discover just the other day that my pup got ahold of one of my socks and ate the entire thing. I didn't realize until it came out the other end still completely intact.

No wonder he threw up the night before.

I guess you cant blame the dryer for eating your left socks anymore.

My brothers dog at a bag of garlen and a full bag of potting soil. should be fine

Funny stories, had a co-worker with 2 cats, one managed to take down and swallow one of those blind pull cords. Guy didn't notice anything until it began to show itself, so he is telling this story about calling and being on the phone with the vet. Vet tells him to let it pass naturally, do not try and pull it out yourself. Those words no sooner are transmitted on the phone when cat #2 runs up, grabs the loose string and bolts removing the entire length of cord. grin

No harm to either cat, I think my friend had a minor heart attack at that moment though

I almost feel kind of bad for saying this, but some of these posts made me laugh out loud.My dog is also a fan of kleenex and toilet paper. He has never had any problems wit it. Why do they like that paper so much??

Dustin

I don't know what it is with the paper either, mine would do TP, paper towel even envelopes. Ya, the stories are funny when they have a good ending

my cat ate 5 yards of fishing line and well this sounds grose but about half the line was hanging out and the line had a "trailer" on the end hahah i didnt think to hard and i steped on the line and she ran lik a bat outa he.. and all the line came out..

Try setting the drag a little higher...

Careful...animal intestines are just like humans - they're all coiled up. What you did had the possibility to bind them all up into a big knot!

Glad it came out OK, I'm just speaking from experience as my wifes cat had to have surgery after eating 2 feet of dental floss. Talk about expensive...

Also, to the owner of the boxer - pretty brave leaving a 6 month old puppy to roam the house! You're either more courageous than me, or you're tired of your old stuff and ready to buy new!

To the OP - you should be OK. Dogs are meant to pass things with ease - mine has passed blankets, a nail, pieces of toys, corn, toilet paper, and chicken bones.