• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

dog ate roll of t.p. Worry?

Jameson

My 5 month old pup eats kleenex and paper towels all the time. He seems to wait until we turn our heads and then he goes right for them. He's never eaten a whole roll of TP however.

He usually just passes it like anything else. You'll probably notice when it comes out because it will look very similar to when it went in.

I think that perhaps dogs are working on a new way to wipe a behind. Now they can wipe while still in the process of going.

Well 15 hours or more later every thing seems fine. I haven't noticed the finished product yet, but I am thinking it will come out soon.

Thanks for the replies! With all the things my dogs have eaten, I still get worried when they discover something new.

So i have a young boxer and last summer we had a friend watch her and the wifes cat. he had instructions that if he was to leave that he shut the door to our bed room where the cat always was so as to sperate our then 6 month old very fiesty pup from the cranky older cat. well sure enough he leaves and does not shut the door cause he felt sorry for the cat being cooped up while the dog had free rein even though the cat never really leaves the room. So in the time he is gone our pup discovers my wifes shampoo and conditioner which she ate the majority of along with a full bar of soap and 6 yes 6 toilet paper rolls. when he returns there are huge piles of foamy toilet paper puke piles all over the house. he being an less than inteligent individual didnt see the need to call us and inform us of this or bring her to the vet. granted she was just fine when we got home from the weekend but still. she has also eatin a whole tube of anit secnet deoderant for deer hunting . i love my dog dearly but man i think she is a lil damaged sometimes

oh there was also an inncident where my last dog got into and devoured an unopened bag of rolling tobacoo with her sister

that "cleaned" them both out too. didnt even relly make em sick other than the runs guess it even acts as a wormer from what the Texas hill country vet said

my cat ate 5 yards of fishing line and well this sounds grose but about half the line was hanging out and the line had a "trailer" on the end hahah i didnt think to hard and i steped on the line and she ran lik a bat outa he.. and all the line came out.. what goes througha pets mind to eat stuff that dont taste!!?!?!!?

I did discover just the other day that my pup got ahold of one of my socks and ate the entire thing. I didn't realize until it came out the other end still completely intact.

No wonder he threw up the night before.

I guess you cant blame the dryer for eating your left socks anymore.

Funny stories, had a co-worker with 2 cats, one managed to take down and swallow one of those blind pull cords. Guy didn't notice anything until it began to show itself, so he is telling this story about calling and being on the phone with the vet. Vet tells him to let it pass naturally, do not try and pull it out yourself. Those words no sooner are transmitted on the phone when cat #2 runs up, grabs the loose string and bolts removing the entire length of cord. grin

No harm to either cat, I think my friend had a minor heart attack at that moment though

I almost feel kind of bad for saying this, but some of these posts made me laugh out loud.My dog is also a fan of kleenex and toilet paper. He has never had any problems wit it. Why do they like that paper so much??

Dustin

my cat ate 5 yards of fishing line and well this sounds grose but about half the line was hanging out and the line had a "trailer" on the end hahah i didnt think to hard and i steped on the line and she ran lik a bat outa he.. and all the line came out..

Try setting the drag a little higher...

Careful...animal intestines are just like humans - they're all coiled up. What you did had the possibility to bind them all up into a big knot!

Glad it came out OK, I'm just speaking from experience as my wifes cat had to have surgery after eating 2 feet of dental floss. Talk about expensive...

Also, to the owner of the boxer - pretty brave leaving a 6 month old puppy to roam the house! You're either more courageous than me, or you're tired of your old stuff and ready to buy new!

To the OP - you should be OK. Dogs are meant to pass things with ease - mine has passed blankets, a nail, pieces of toys, corn, toilet paper, and chicken bones.