Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dbl

Baby Bluejays

15 posts in this topic

I have a nest of about 5 or 6 Bluejays outside my office window. Grabbed a couple of shots today while I processed some photos. Nothing special but they are kind of cute...and VERY noisey! They liked hanging out under the sprinkler as well! In the larger version of #1 you can see the water drops all over the jay!

585759387_E7CpL-L.jpg

2. They keep trying to land on my wife's car and slide off. This one made it to the top.

585759391_2FrbV-L.jpg

3. Mom is doing a lot of feeding! This was some type of beetle. Playing around with some different processing as well, mixing it up.

585759384_wVLbe-L.jpg

585792318_ELrrs-XL.jpg

Cute little buggers! I had some of those last summer, but they didn't have the crests on them until early fall! You must have some early maturers there!

Awesome series, great use of images to tell the story of the young ones! The first one really grabs me, great use of flash, and the facial expression captured really says blue jay to me smile

No flash on the first three. Flash used in the last shot though. Thanks all for the commments!

Okay, I was fooled on the first image, no flash.....So what is lighting up the jay's frontal view like that? Is the wood reflecting that much light or when you said sprinkler, is there a bit of a water pool in front of the bird?

Reflection is coming from concrete just a foot or so away and a large picture window in front. Nice to be able to use natural reflectors!

Great stuff, Dan. No. 4 is easily my favorite. Great pose and composition there! smilesmile

Um, since you're a sports shooter, why couldn't you get some action shots? Eh? gringringrin

LOL, well Steve I did turn 50 last week, the reactions just don't seem to be there anymore! smilesmilesmile