• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Vexilar's new flaser/flashers for the ice season.

FisH_SLaYer24

I talked to the Vex, guy at the sportsman show about making something new to compete with the new bird. He said, why make something new when you already have the best! So they must not be to worried about losing market share?? crazy

They are not fast to change something that works and is proven, no need to. Yet they are far from afraid of innovation when it fits the needs of the angler.

Exactly. They have no reason to change anything.

If it ain't broke why fix it?

Originally Posted By: Ed Carlson

They are not fast to change something that works and is proven, no need to. Yet they are far from afraid of innovation when it fits the needs of the angler.

Exactly. They have no reason to change anything.

If it ain't broke why fix it?

It doesn't really have anything to do with it "being broke". Just think if everyone had that philosophy. We would never get new and IMPROVED equipment. There is always room for improvement.

Also, to stay in business, they will need to come out with something new very soon, to stay "ahead" of the game.

Quote:

It doesn't really have anything to do with it "being broke". Just think if everyone had that philosophy. We would never get new and IMPROVED equipment. There is always room for improvement.

Also, to stay in business, they will need to come out with something new very soon, to stay "ahead" of the game.

I second that. Take computer manufactures, just because they have a leading, innovative computer this year doesn't mean they will have it next with another company coming out with something "new" and "better". You have to keep growing as a company and change features or models every so often.

I am pretty sure vexilar has nothing to worry about....each of the other units that have competed with them have bells and whistles that the vex may not have but the vex is tried and true and their units do not have problems!! I have used Marcum Hummingbird and Vexilar and I will stick with the Vexilars as they are easy to use and they get the job done. The Marcum and Hummingbird have so many options I never knew if I was using the darn things right.....turn a vex on a it is ready to use!!!!

I am going to disagree with you there. I use my HB and all I do is turn the knob and go. Pretty darn easy to use. There is more that I can do with it if I need to, but most of the time I don't.