• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How to Embarrass a wolf

Ken and I went for one of our road trips this morning. I suppose those road trips are becoming infamous.

We photographed nesting osprey (watch for the thread in the bird watching board), and then found this fella near Embarrass. And what a relief not to have to Photoshop out any twigs! winkwink

Canon 30D, Canon 500 f4L IS, iso200, 1/1600 at f4, Ai servo focus mode, monopod (the second image is the same but for 1/1250).

3494045731_b766974c69_o.jpg

3494045733_9baf2b5b9f_o.jpg

We didn't have much time to grab these shots, and ol' buddy Steve and I had recently exchanged lenses to use and danged if he didn't have the 500 and I was stuck with the 100-400 frown. Anyway, I got one for posterity.

Embarrass-Wolf.jpg

Thanks folks. On the trotting shots, Ken whistled loudly and the wolf turned to look as he trotted away. The blown pupil is easy to see in Ken's image.

It always seems like the best things happen after Ken gives me his 500 and straps on his 100-400. Wolf on this thread and the one image of the mating ospreys on the other. Although the only reason I was able to get the wolf images was because I wasn't driving and could hop out while the car was still moving, dive down the incline and get off some bursts. Hmmm, he drives and lets me shoot. He drives and lets me shoot his 500. Takes quite a buddy to do that. smilesmile

Thanks folks. On the trotting shots, Ken whistled loudly and the wolf turned to look as he trotted away. The blown pupil is easy to see in Ken's image.

It always seems like the best things happen after Ken gives me his 500 and straps on his 100-400. Wolf on this thread and the one image of the mating ospreys on the other. Although the only reason I was able to get the wolf images was because I wasn't driving and could hop out while the car was still moving, dive down the incline and get off some bursts. Hmmm, he drives and lets me shoot. He drives and lets me dive out of moving vehicles with his 500. Takes quite a buddy to do that. smilesmile

Fixed your post. Quite a friend indeed, but it sounds like you two have a great time. I certainly enjoy the byproduct of your fun.