• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

TEAM # 6 Trick'm N stick'm

ac777

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think I said earlier I'll be hunting central MN 223 during the B season. If things aren't working out with the bow I could end up opting for the gun as well this year. Applied down in Iowa but wasn't drawn.

Hey everyone, sorry I haven't checked in before this.............

The name is great, team looks solid and I'm excited for the upcoming season! I'm heading to Michigan on the 20th for my hunt, I took a jake last year as I only had one day to hunt and it was my only opportunity to take a bird. There are a lot of birds up there and we are on private land so with 3 days to hunt this year, I should have some better luck.

Can't wait to hear about everyones hunt, good luck!

Anybody getting tired of everyone else getting out while we are sitting on the sidelines? I know I am getting the itch. The bow is ready, the blind is ready(painted the interior black), I am ready now all I have to do is wait a month cry

Good Luck in the B season Tippman

Go team

There are a lot of really nice birds harvested already.... Congrats to all of the hunters

Steve

Been out asking permission to hunt and have seen a lot of birds. Not much for hunters tho which is how it always seems true till I go and hunt and there is somebody there already...lol. I wish you guys luck that is for sure. I don't start till May 15th...long ways out

I'm hunting this weekend near Granite Falls. I just got back from Kansas which was a wet and windy bust. But This weekend will be a different story. i'm going to hunt till i get one this weekend.

That is a good area around Granite falls, lots of birds along the river. Have a good hunt!

Well guys, I hate to say it, but I never even got a chance to help out the team. The plan was to drive 6.5 hours to the UP on Monday night after work, but mother nature decided I shouldn't be turkey hunting this week as she dropped 12 in. of heavy, wet snow over most of the UP. Tuesday wasn't supposed to be any better (rain, snow, wind), so I decided to call it. I do have till the end of May, so I'm not totally out, but it doesn't look good........

Good luck to everyone else that's going to be out soon!

Alright so I was able to go to my "best" spot the second morning of the hunt and brought a buddy who happened to be turkey hunting for his first time. There was gobbling close right away at first light but then it became quiet until about 8:00. I really wasn't too worried about this since I knew the turkeys weren't getting to this area till late from my scouting experiences. Then I looked out and saw about 8 turkeys walking out into the field about 250 yrds away with the last two being gobblers. Somehow I was able to call the toms away from the hens and they came in on a string. Ended up both shooting at the same time on the count of 3 taking them both, that was pretty exciting. I did end up using the gun since I wasn't able to get any time in with the bow before season.

24 lbs 6 oz.

10 3/8 beard

1 1/8 and 3/4 spurs (3/4 was broke off)