• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Spring Ramblings and Reports

Fished from the Thunder lund yesterday afternoon. Boated some waldos as Todd watched from the back of the boat laugh.. Its nice to be the catcher and not the netter once in a while. whistlegrin Jigs didnt seem to be workin all that well but my other tactic landed 90% of the fish. Did manage a couple on jigs later on after a move or 2. No monsters and all but 2 were legal. Think theres 1 pic from the afternoon..

Thanks for the invite Todd and we will work on getting the air ride suspension for that boat for next time...

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Todd do you mean this picture of Cali kicking the Captain's tail. laugh

toddspics198.jpg

Way to go Cali.. Could of used some help with the pannies, not... wink Todd however annihalated them. eeklaugh It's very close to fly rod time. wink Might take a day this week off depending on weather. Great time Todd and I had on plenty of pannies. Caught callies, bluegilss, rock bass, pickerel and I think Todd caught a smally. We found some sweet drops in 13' to 17' of water.

Here's the rest of our picks..

toddspics199.jpg

toddspics200.jpg

toddspics201.jpg

Closer please...

toddspics202.jpg

toddspics203.jpg

toddspics204.jpg

Nice 10"er Todd! cool

toddspics205.jpg

Nice male Elvis!

toddspics206.jpg

Nice pics guys. Glad you got into some. As far as watchin grass grow smirk. Just like on the ice ive always got 2 rods in the water. If ya do the math it doubles your chances. whistle I still kept busy with the other rod... We all have are quirks and I guess watching paint on 1 wall dry while paintin the other is my thing... gringrin.

Glad you all got into some fish!! Very nice! I on the other hand was on the working end of a Stump Grinder. Ground up the neighbor Sugar Maple stump. 11 foot across after we finished mad Then I went to Cindy's Moms house and got rid of a few that were in here yard as well. Figured might as well seeing I still had time on the machine.

Today will be cruising on the Harley!!

Steve

I did some night fishing with Cali last night allot of fish around only one caught.These cold fronts that came through had to have screwed them up there was plenty of bait and were feeding.I rifled through most every lure I own nothing but a 3 hook chrome thunderstick caught a 12 inch walleye and I think that was a fluke.Cali got to experiance how many fish in one spot and how neutral they can be when they aren't neutral HANG ON wink.

Yuppie!! Was really cool to hear all those eyes poppin. (For a while). crazy After the first hour of listening to it and no fish in the boat it got sickening to hear. I guess the eyes gave the clinic last night. Couldnt as for a nicer night on the water weather wise tho smile. Thanks for the trip Todd. Gonna check the weather for tmro and maybe take momma and the princess out in the grumman. Should be interesting to see how Kaity reacts when its time to get in the boat as it will be her first time..

Cali

I haven't had a Rod in my hand in nearly 3 weeks(Fishing Rod) and it's killing me mad I hope to get out tomorrow at the "Madison County King of Bluegill" water. Hopefully I still have some friends left here on this site...BTW, thanks for all the calls TIMMY crazy, Next time you need bailing out of a Tournament...I'll still be there smirk

Good to see E_Banks getting a good Culling...there are some True Dandies in there. Good job Todd and Callie!

Im glad to see your fingers are still working maybe they will work with the phone BroMo whistle.The boat is always ready to go call me nagal.I thought that you were following the DEAD SHOWS you want to catch some finned friends let me know smile.

Dougy - Just bustin chops buddy. You know full well how Todd is... AW stepped to the plate for me in a buffalo second and I will always be grateful for you running up and fishing Bomo with me. Were all good.

The hooey grandies is what I'm interested in now when I get a free day. Todd you know where I can get some more of those small hair jigs only have one left that's not on my rod.. Looking for both 1/32 oz and 1/16 oz. that tandem rig you were running was hot last time out...

Got Karen and Cecelia moved in at Ilion yesterday. Umpiring the next three nights, friday and Saturday morning..

Timmy those jigs are made to an order Its hard to find them made like that let me know how many of each.I will see if I can get them made I don't know what the time frame is on getting them done up its not going to be fast.That tandem rig is HOT most of the time.

AW?? AW?? AW?? Hmmm sounds familiar?? Oh thats right!!! Tall guy, shaggy hair do, and always in the kitchen.... Now I remember!!! laughlaugh

How ya been Doug? If ya now you have amornin free let me know a little ahead of time and maybe we can take my boat.. to EB or other samll stuff out that way. I think we could even fit a third..

Thanks for the invite today Thunderdung...I didn't get the Message until after 5pm. I have been push mowing 3.5 acres of lawn with a Craftsman 21" push mower(not self propelled) sick

All of my free time is consumed with my new house and the neglect that happened before I took over the property. Chain Saw's, Wheel Barrows, Weed Eaters and Vegetables are consuming my life, let alone work crazy

I am going to have one of the best Gardens, Vanessa and I have ever had. It's 60 feet gy 30 feet and she has a full blown diagram of all that shall be whistle

AW - I am with you on the push mowing, no self propelled either it's a good work out walking behind and I have it down to an hour or so. The dog get's excited when I fire up the mower and the first 10 minutes or so she circles me and the mower like a miniature greyhound running an invisible rabbit.

Had a good set of games last night at the ball field as two undefeated teams went head to head and the team that was 9 runs down after the first half inning was down 3 there last at bat and 2 runs in and a 2-2 count, 2 outs and bases loaded came through with a single and two runs scored to win 15-14.. Had my first "dead ball" call for "a walking lead" in a slow-pitch game, unbelievable must have been an ex-baseball kid.

Late game tonight 8:15 p.m. start men's fastpitch

I hate lawns! At Tanks ponderosa we cut 4+ acres but atleast that is a rideing mower, did do it for a few years with push and a walk behind old gravely. Anyone who has used an old gravely knows it about as much fun as trolling, bass fishing, and nascar.

At work now I have almost 2 hours to cut everything with a little pushmower, plus some time with the weed-wacker. I usually rope Beth into helping...

I bet ol' AW has over 4 hours of cutting with the push. cry

I bet ol' AW has over 4 hours of cutting with the push. cry

You got that right Jay.. I know having a large property is nice but I know guys that will spend 4-6 hours on a rider to get the grass done crazy

DOUG!!! I have a 42" cut rider that you are more than welcome to come and borrow. Just let me know a day ahead so I can make sure mine is cut and you can come get it...

Looking forward to tmro Todd. First time for me navagating on the big lake. Suppose to be nice with little wind so should be fun.. I have a couple extra crawler rigs for you to use if the jigs dont work out!!

I make some spinner rigs that will blow your mind and the way you fish them is something you would never think of. I will put more walleye's in a boat using this rig then anything else in anyone's tackle box. I will not post on here or show pictures of what it is, it's one of those systems you show in person what they are, how you make them and how you fish them. I only ask if you are lucky enough to learn this new technique that you keep it to you and a CLOSE few (FM) friends. Only a few of the pro's are doing it and only hand full of guys on Oneida are doing it with great success. When I was first shown this system from a local I was like "No way you will outfish me for walleye's with that" well after 20 minutes and him landing 5 fish to my zero I was a believer and to this day when someone comes in my boat thinking the same thing I always end up putting one on for them in less then 30 minutes. All I will say is that you don't have to go any deeper then 15' (all summer) and if you find the right weeds (which isn't hard on Oneida) you will be amazed. While pre fishing for the tournament last year I kept a pretty good record of the number of fish I was catching and in 3 days I put over 50 walleyes in the boat and on tournament day we ended up catching 17 but the quality of the fish moved up the break line (Where my buddies were fishing using the same system and won). Also another system I learned last year for deep water was a spinner harness using 4oz. (that's right 4 oz) bottom bouncers and it was awsome finding them in deep water and pin point targetting them while slow trolling with the bow trolling motor but you need heavy action rods to handle the weight. A pro taught me that (can't mention names because don't want to get him in trouble for letting the secret out but there's more to it also).

Lee...you always have the secrets, guess that's why you are a successful Fisherman. If you ever need someone to fish with, give me a shout. I haven't had a chance to even get near the water in a few weeks. I am going nuts with the new house and all the work that comes with a Massive yard with Beautiful big old Trees dotted throughout the property. I need to get a Zero Turn mower for all the Trees.

Good luck to all that are fishing.

I heard that Oswego River is the Hottest it's been in History. Guy's are pounding Trophy Walleyes everyday. I won't eat one but, maybe one for the wall.