• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HS Tourney Time!

quackersmacker

Somebody better knock off Eden Prairie this year because if they don't the word Dynasty comes to mind. They are super young and talented.

I was hoping for Hill but picked EP on all my Hockey Boards just in-case!

Hockey rules and Basketball Drools....welll for this week anyway!

Go Pucks!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
I'm "optimistically" excited for Bemidji to be in AA. I hope the quality of the youth program players' transcends to the HS program (I don't it has in the past). It would/will wink be a heck of a story for Bemidji making it past Roseau/Moorhead!

What's the story with the Hill Murray team this year and kids leaving?

Yes Bemidji's peewee's had a above average season this winter and the Bantam A team is going to both State Tourneys [VFW and MAHA]. They have a defensemen that will/could be next year's best D on the team.

Hill Murray had 4 players who did something wrong that Bill Lechner had to kick them off the team, no one knows what they did. Bill has a contract thing before the season starts that they follow his expectations and rules, so obviously a rule was broken. It's too bad to see them kick off the team but if you are going to follow the rules and committments you do that and will play.

I thought EP/Hill Murray's game was a good one to watch, Leddy looks good and will be a great fit for the Gophers.

Congrats to Hutchinson for winning a game at state for the first time in a few trips. They got pounded by Warroad, but Warroad was waaaayyyy faster all around. I don't want to knock my home team, but I don't know if they can take Lourdes. Lourdes looked like they had way more speed than Hutch, from what I saw in their game against Breck. Either way...Go Hutch!

Either Blaine is really good and a true dark horse or RC is weak.

Rochester didn't play at the level they did against Lakeville North. Either way, after seeing the game, I don't think RC honestly had a chance. Shame on me for saying that (my nephew plays for RC)blush

Looking forward to tomorrow's game, I think HM will put the hurt down on RC. Shame on me againblush I was at the last half of the EP/HM game and all I can say is the goalie from HM played an outstanding game.

Congrats to Hutchinson for winning a game at state for the first time in a few trips. They got pounded by Warroad, but Warroad was waaaayyyy faster all around. I don't want to knock my home team, but I don't know if they can take Lourdes. Lourdes looked like they had way more speed than Hutch, from what I saw in their game against Breck. Either way...Go Hutch!

Didn't see their game today. But I was at the one on Wed. Did they make sure to take a few after the whistle cheep shots in today's game too? When you hit the arguably one of the top players in the state from behind three seconds after the whistle is blown then take a cross ice run and hit him from the back again, your team has no place in the tourney. It was too bad to see their play turn to that. Just my opinion.

no cake eaters competing this year

Oh yes there is Duluth East is about as Cakey as it gets and Eden Prairie is Kind of Cake-ish also.

Not that I hold the Kids responsible for their parents being above average in the success department. wink

did someoone say that Edina is looking to win it this year....I said you have to win 3 games to win it, they didn't last year and this year!

Way to go Spuds! Duluth East must be feeling like sh!t right now, lots of great scoring chances and CDH wins it, 4 goals 10 shots hahahah, ouch.

Quacker, it's no secret what the HM kids got kicked off for.

Leddy's not ready for the gophers yet, give him at least year in Jrs. I actually think he is over rated. Hanowski from falls is the best player I have seen in the tourney so far even though its class A, I still think he has more talent then most AA kids. and how about Johnson from MH, man he hustles.

I never said it was a secret but tell me about it, cause its never been mentioned as I know of...

I think Leddy played a good game yesterday and will fit in, he's strong and plays tough. That's just my opinion....well fealls I'm on my way to Upper Red Lake and hope to catch some games on tv at west wind bar! Good luck to all teams today, go warriors and spuds!

Go Spuds!!!! Not from Moorhead, only been to Moorhead once in my life, but I just gotta back a team that calls themselves the Spuds;)

They played a great game last night. Star Trib reports that the Edina team did not play up to thier potential, I say Moorhead just plain out played them and put them off thier game.

Quack you said it right, you need to win three games, and Edina for the second year in a row showed they can't pull it off! I have said you need a hot goalie, and that was never more evident then in the East game last night. From this point on Go Spuds.

If I see another EDINA highlight I'm gonna puke.. The tourney is MORE than EDINA..

The play by play is horrible.. The need Wally Shaver back with Louie.. The guys who did it in the 80's when I was a kid were awesome..

Originally Posted By: KMR85

Didn't see their game today. But I was at the one on Wed. Did they make sure to take a few after the whistle cheep shots in today's game too? When you hit the arguably one of the top players in the state from behind three seconds after the whistle is blown then take a cross ice run and hit him from the back again, your team has no place in the tourney. It was too bad to see their play turn to that. Just my opinion.

I only caught a little bit of the Warroad game at lunch. Didn't get to see any of the game against Mahtomedi. As for the cheap shots you refer to, I hope it's true. It would be payback from the cheap shots Warroad had in the 1997 Tourney against Hutch. wink Go SC Cathedral!!!!

Dope, Thats the H-M rumor I heard. Sounds like a little bit of extracuricular activies afer a game got them booted. I'm willing to bet someone other then the coach found out. If it was just the coach he probly would have swept it under the rug.