• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

immature but growing up

I went back out to the park today, and lo and behold, I found this one sitting in a tree. When I left town, the skies were clear. By the time I got to the park, thin clouds had moved in. I actually waited for 15 minutes before taking the shot, hoping for better light. The diffused light worked out OK. A little later, I came across one sitting in a tree, about 50 ft. from me. I barely had time to get the camera up, and he quickly departed. I didn't even have time to back off on the zoom. A little later, I came acrosss this last one. I'd take a few steps in the crunchy snow, take a couple shots and wait. I'd then take a few more steps and a couple more shots. It worked pretty well. He knew I was there, but I tried to move only when he wasn't looking my direction.

3332083262_a362fa87e5_o.jpg

3331439688_a10c9b08b2_o.jpg

3330604675_df9d9feecb_o.jpg

3331439448_2e9fbebae1_o.jpg

Nice ones, Mike. Excellent exposures, and wise use of +1 exposure compensation to get the feathers properly exposed against all the near-white BG. That diffuse light is to die for. Even, rich, no shadows. I like the last one best because of the head turn a bit toward you.

Nice! You are finally getting some birds back. I know this sounds really silly when you are shooting photos of a bald eagle, but I like the quality of the branches behind him--especially in the first one. They seem to mirror the mottled look of his head. It is hard to come by interesting branches in SW MN.

Nice! I know this sounds really silly when you are shooting photos of a bald eagle, but I like the quality of the branches behind him--especially in the first one.

I knew there was a reason I kept this shot. grin When I first started going thru them, I figured I'd toss the first few, because the last ones were better. But, I kept coming back to this one and realized there was something about it that I really liked. It's the environment. You northerners may think the trees are ho hum, but us southerners really appreciate trees. grin

Those are great X. I got an email from a friend of mine yesterday who has a baldy hanging out at their farm watching over their pigeon flock. I may try and get some nice ones of my own yet this year.

Was this shot in Marshall?