• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

backstrom signs!

bucketmouth64

Wouldn't a Harding and Velliux for Heatly package look nice now? Maybe a deal for Kopitar? We need a finisher. We get behind and the guys start playing like the game is already lost. We also need to get rid of Bergeron. Every other time he touches the puck it ends up in the oppositions hands in the slot. He looks like Skoula circa 2007.

P.S. Anyone hear if that Gabby deal for a bag of pucks went through yet? Only 3 more hours to go!

You're probably right, we would need to put more into that one, but those are two teams that need a solid goaltender. Atlanta is another team that could use a better goalie. Kovalchuk would be a nice addition, though he would be spendy to keep around and I don't think we are making any legitimate Cup push.

JL will be gone after this year anyways. Really, we should have let him leave two years ago like he wanted to and just brought up the head coach of the Aeros...who is now the head coach of the Sharks...wow, DR screwed that one up too. cry

I think signing Backstrom was the number one priority this year, at least considering Gabby's zero trade value right now.

I was at that game last night. Backstrom was not having his best game. Some of SJ's goals were just pure garbage though. Their first and fourth goals were zero angle shots that were very fortunate to go in. Their second goal should not have happened after Backstrom poked the puck out. Defensemen completely fell asleep on that play.

The end of the game was pretty sweet to watch though. Never leave a game early, as a few people did.

Was great to see

i see backstrom is back to the lazy goaltending now that he's signed.

I don't believe that has anything to do with it.

You can't expect him to have a lights out performance every game.

He is only human. Overall I think he has really kept us in the hunt for a playoff position all year.

The good news is that he is signed. smile

considering Gabby's zero trade value right now.

I just don't understand why Gabby gets such a bad rap?

I realize he is injury prone, but hockey is a tough sport.

All players are going to get injured in the game at some time or another.

Take a look at his stats.

He averaged 25-45 goals per year.

That is alot of offense that we missed out on this year.

Give us another 30 goals this year, and we would be right up there with Calgary right now in the standings.

I know that it is unfortunate that he was always hurt this year, but it sure would be nice to see him make a big comeback.

His comments sounded encouraging last night during the third period. Sounds like he will be back soon.

He is our franchise player and has been since day one.

Lets hope he can turn it around, soon. grin

[quote name='Bob Schroden

I just don't understand why Gabby gets such a bad rap?

I realize he is injury prone' date=' but hockey is a tough sport.

[/quote']

Come playoff time he disappears. He is hurt every year with the same injury. He makes $7 mil a year. Time to spend that money somewhere else.

Quote:
Time to spend that money somewhere else.

I suppose we will follow that old trade Minnesota tradition:

Johan Santana

Torii Hunter

Kevin Garnett

Randy Moss

Marion Gaborik...

Yea, I suppose we should keep up the tradition of trading our best players so they can finish and highlight their careers with our competition. frown

Yea, I guess that makes sense. confused

There's a lot of if's with Gabby. IF he was healthy over the last several seasons, he'd be a top 10 if not top 5 player. I would agree to that. But the sad reality is that he will always be injury prone. That's why I said he has almost zero trade value. He's played like what, 6 games this year? I love the guy when he's on the ice too, but we can't count on it. And given his salary, we can't go out and get someone to complement and elevate guys like Koivu. Probably time to move on.