• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Channel Catfish Photo Gallery

HotPocket

Them grippers seem to be becoming all the rage. I picked up an orange pair from Cabelas a couple weeks ago, hoping to get them around the bottom lip of a kitty sometime soon.

Great looking fish, Jeff. given the color and the head shape I thought it was a flat for half a second until I looked at the tail.

5370_629601601475_29409737_36500-1.jpg

These are channels (true double) from the end of last season in the Grand Forks area. I just recently moved to the Minneapolis area a few weeks ago and got a chance to fish on the Mississippi here for flats and channels. I am quite experienced on the Red and realized its another ball game down here. I'm hoping for some big flats to come this year. If anyone has some advice on when to fish for flats and good advice on how to find em that would be awesome. If anyone is interested in catching some monster channels up on the Red, I'd be more than happy to help anyone out!

Them grippers seem to be becoming all the rage. I picked up an orange pair from Cabelas a couple weeks ago, hoping to get them around the bottom lip of a kitty sometime soon.

Great looking fish, Jeff. given the color and the head shape I thought it was a flat for half a second until I looked at the tail.

Nsnutter and I both have the gripper because we fish together...same grip.

But yeah people are using them more and more. They are wonderful for Channel Cats so you don't have to do the Channel Cat dance and it's way easier to weigh the fish. Worth the money in my opinion. Only downer is it can be hard to shove them in the fish's mouth.

Hey nsnutter, i am from new prague as well. Class of 08. I would like to go fishing with you guys sometime if you woudn't mind! i might head to jordan tomorrow morning for a couple hours to see if i can get anything!
Hey man sounds like a plan. My # is 952-564-5648 ... shoot me a text sometime and I'll let you know when we're plannin on heading out next.

Thanks man! I was not expecting that on the line. It pulled real nice, gave me some nice runs and ripped out drag. When I first saw it thought it was a flathead. It was barely hooked, like in the soft skin corner of the mouth with that 5/0 gama octo-circle, thanks to Kevin (herekittykitty) we got her on shore. Knowing my clumsy self I probably would've lost the fish and tumbled in the drink. lol

Heading out in a few minutes here to see what wants to bite tonight.

Nice fish bro! And, first off, I commend you for putting your trash in a bag ... I can't tell you how many spots I have found ruined by garbage left by anglers. Thank you for doing that! And second, is that an optima battery in that last picture? What the heck is that for lol

yes i take the optima with to power my light, i took a trouble light cut off the wall style plug in and put on aligator clamps and a CFL 12 volt light bulb (really low draw) and there you have it a portable flood light. I need to get a smaller battery like a motorcycle one. easier tote!

And yes i HATE the dirty @#$%^&%$ that litter all there %^&* everywhere, cmon people you bring it with you but cant bring it out with you? Tread lightly.

Good luck out there tonight!