• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2009 King of the Cats Contest

DTro

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leaderboard update:

We are officially in the final month. Time of year when our minds start wandering towards the fields and the sloughs, not to mention the fall walleye and sturgeon fishing right around the corner. September is a fun month! I still have a few outings left in me, hopefully everyone else does as well.

You never know.......

I can't believe we have 19 people at 200 or better! That's an average of 3 30lbers.

AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME!

There's still time to make a move, whether that be into the green or into the top 10 to qualify for the custom rod.

Good Luck to everyone on the final couple of weeks. I know several who are still out there hitting it hard.

AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME!

There's still time to make a move, whether that be into the green or into the top 10 to qualify for the custom rod.

Good Luck to everyone on the final couple of weeks. I know several who are still out there hitting it hard.

I haven't heard the Fat Lady sing yet. I got skunked last night and I'm out again tonight. New tactics and new location - tonight is the night. I'm bumping somebody out of the Green before the end of September.

Refresh my memory.... is this contest a combined point total for both division (channels and Flats)? Or is it the top 10 for each separate division?

This contest has separate "kings" for flatheads and channels, combined totals are not relevant. With a season-long total, you have enough days and weeks to get 3 decent fish of either species (or both species) without combining to make a bag.

The weeklong shootouts are a "biggest 3 catfish" contest, species agnostic, mostly to give people a better shot at actually filling a 3 fish bag in the 2 days. Catching 3 decent sized channels AND 3 decent flatheads in only 2 partial days of fishing would be pretty unlikely, at least for those of us who aren't retired yet smile

Thanks for the update Brian... I guess I'm still a little lost on the rod drawing and how that works for those in the top 10?

I should have clarified my question a little better.

Is that only for Flats.... only for channels or do both groups that are in the 10 eligible?

I know that its somewhere the 54+ pages of this thread... I'm hoping someone might be able to answer off the top.

Thanks

The top 10 in each division, plus the winner of each shootout (if not already quallified) will go into the hat to be drawn. So a potential of 22 qualifiers.

Each person will only get one chance though, even if they qualified in each division.

The winner will then communicate with Harvey Lee about the details.

you could knock me off the green Steve but would bump me outta the boat laugh if you got a free day this week let me know

Gordie - I would enjoy the company. I'll be out every night this week. Send me an e-mail and we can set something up.

[email protected]

I'm having trouble finding flats. Picked up a 38" sturgeon in one of my favorite flat spots tonight. Plus one big ugly turtle. You can't win if you don't have hooks in the water. At least the weather has been beautiful - sweetest night of the season tonight, just no fish.

I agree Steve...beautiful night on the river tonight but no fish.

Had a couple screaming clicker runs but couldn't hook up (probably Gar).

Maybe it was one of my magic creek chubs that some how came back to life and ran with your line wink I am still boggled how a creek chub came back to life after sitting dead on shore for over an hour???

Its going to be real tough for us over here. the water is not deep enough to even hide a big fish any more... Most of the places you can walk across the river.. sigh sigh... this has been a real bad summer over here..Should have that darn hovercraft back now.. LOL...

I am kinda glad it's the last day. I can quit trying so hard for an upgrade. Any luck with the eyes'? We have gotten a few, but haven't really tried much more than a couple casts yet. I was trying too hard for a spot in the green. I got this one last week

005-5.jpg

No luck with the walleyes yet ed. Tried a couple spots, but even at 59 the water is still probably a tad to warm. Won't be long though.

Last night of KOTC, I'll be out somewhere. Good luck to everyone!