• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Luminary Loppet

Dbl

Watched the Luminary Loppet last night, part of the City of Lakes Loppet this weekend. Really cool event, they had over 3,000 participants that skied around Lake of the Isle lighted by ice luminary's.

Next year I'm going to ski it so I can see the whole course and take advantage of the various food stands around the course grin

#1. The start area. Skiers starting on the left, and those finishing on the right.

465368667_TAdTj-L.jpg

#2. Looking out toward the course. Finishers on the left, starters on the right.

465369727_bSWqL-L.jpg

#3. Out onto the lake.

465360516_UjeMQ-L.jpg

#4. Looking out to the main course.

465364633_nicaW-L.jpg

#5. This time I fired off a flash at the end of the exposure. Would have been cool except for all the reflective clothing folks had on!

465365652_ChJY6-L.jpg

#6. Fire dancers entertaining the skiers.

465362322_pNXpF-L.jpg

#7. The Luminary..whatever on the lake.

465361446_bgg7N-L.jpg

#8. The end!

465370361_hR2hk-L.jpg

Very cool shots. I was right next to the event...out on Calhoun fishing that day. There were about 20 Para skiers out there. That was very interesting to watch. I didn’t bring the camera with because we were towing enough gear the way it was. I wish I would have brought it with now. frown

There must have been some big state wide thing, they had the same thing over here on saturday at the Buffalo River Science center and Buffalo River State Park. I almost tripped in one of those candle holders not watching were I was going while hiking the trail.