• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Arrows

Code-Man

I'm looking at hunting arrows for my Drenaline just wondering what people would suggest and grain. I have a shorter draw so don't know how much that would affect it or not. Last year I shot Beamen ICS Hunter Blazers 340 but I changed my rest this year to a drop a way.

Yeah in this case length matters!!! grin

I still shoot my Easton ACC's. I think I've been shooting them for about 15 years. They are pricey but I'm only on my second dozen arrows during that time. Don't get many line cutters in a spot league however.

Once I find something I like, I stick with it!

Only 2 dozen arrows in 15 years! You must not retire any arrows eh? Seems like I go through a dozen a year but when you chase turks around with the bow, a large quiver is in order grin

I started out with XX78 2315 Superslams. Once those were gone I moved to carbon with Terminator Hunter Selects for a year, then then onto CX shafts for a few more, then Maxima Hunters, then Easton Axis FMJ's, and now Aramids. I enjoy fletching and having a quiver full of new arrows.

Since I bought a cabin I spend a lot of time up there and don't shoot as many 3D shoots as I used to. That is where I lose the most arrows.

If I shoot a buck that makes B&C then I'll retire that arrow. Until then I hope for pass throughs and the ability to recycle arrows!! cool

It doesn't have to be B & C for me to shoot, just B & C to retire the arrow.

To date the only 2 arrows (actually 4 I guess) I've retired were robin hoods. Since I switched to a five spot target years ago, I thankfully haven't had another robin hood.