• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

lets see your ice rides

coombia21

I painted my last one Yellow and black, with purple tube bumpers. It looked real nice, but in someone field, LOL it stood out like a sore thumb. Any suggestions???? It will be Base clear, I paint my own...

Green and gold, Packer colors, and maybe a big "G" on each side. grin

I have gallons of Epoxy bedliner most of it black. I painted the hole front and scallops down the side of my Pick up. The black has faded and looks like flat black now. Kind of nice. But I have some in clear, you can tint it with paint any color you want. That might be the ticket, HHHHMMM now color, LOL. I now had 35'S on this truck.Picture_346.jpg

Looks like you have your work cut out for you Barb. The snow looks pretty deep also.

I was hoping to hit the lakes around Ely this AM only to find it was -13. Kind of cold to stand out in the open without a house/heater.

I think I have a pic of my "ice" ride from the pre-freeze-up weekend on Burntside.grin I'll post later today when I get home.

Here's my Rincon on Burntside Lake yesterday. You can't see it, but there's at least 100 lbs of ice caked on the machine from Friday. It cooled down Friday night into Saturday morning and firmed things up really good making travel far easier.

100_0571.jpg

I like it, it is a 500. I put chains on it, and have a plow, front basket, auger holder, gps holder, winch (Superwinch brand, wish I had bought a Warn). I have found when I just want to run out for a few hours fishing on my lake, I don't need to haul a sled with me, I can fit everything on the wheeler. It does sit somewhat higher than other wheelers and my hubby already tipped it over once, but it really does what we need it to do. My friend who got me unstuck said that the chains most likely caused me to get stuck. My shoreline has a lot of springs and is muck, when I realized how deep the snow was and tried to back up the chains just chewed through the 2-3 inches of ice there and I sunk down into the muck. We walked what shoreline we could (very deep snow) and saw 4-5 open water spots where there were other springs.