• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gran Torino

Big Tom

Saw it today. Well done all around. It showed some of the Hmong culture to people who know nothing at all about them. If it seemed a little forced to you Dtro, it might be because some of the Hmong actors have not acted before since there has not been much call for Hmong roles.

Saw it today. Well done all around. It showed some of the Hmong culture to people who know nothing at all about them. If it seemed a little forced to you Dtro, it might be because some of the Hmong actors have not acted before since there has not been much call for Hmong roles.

You are probably right.

I was speaking today with one of the Hmong girls I work with and she said the Hmong portrayal was pretty accurate other than a few small details.

I cant believe that they snubbed this movie.

I thought it was way better than Benjamin Button. I also thought that 7 pounds was way better than benjamin button also.

Slumdog Millionaire was a good movie, but not even close to as good as Gran Torino.

Milk is not an oscar worthy film as a whole IMO, although I think Sean Penn's role is oscar worthy.

I think it should have recieved more recognition but not sure about a best picture nomination . Movies I enjoyed the most were Slumdog Millionaire(my favorite),Milk,The Visitor,The Wrestler,Defiance and the comedy Forgetting Sarah Marshall.

I REALLY liked the wrestler..very cool how they filmed that movie, but I thought Defiance was one of the worst movies of the year. Nothing really happened in the movie. The Middle was so long and drawn out that I almost fell asleep and Im really not that picky about movies...but I will say that it was not very good at all.

Nothing really happened in the movie.

I can see why some might feel that way. My opinion on the film might be because it hit close to home. I knew some who fought beside those brothers and some who participated in other resistance groups.