• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Winter Rod Building Projects

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No i need to research and buy everything...im hoping tor a pretty nice amount of cash for my 18th b-day and hopefully i will have enough to buy nice components for he rod

Im thinking something like:

6'6" medium with a med-fast to fast tip

Nothing fancy in terms of guides

Natural cork handle with the classic style seat

I really want the wrapping to stand out from everything else out there

It would be used mostly for trolling lindy rigs for eyes but probably will see some bass and sunfish action

I Just finished a Rainshadows RX7 ISB822.5 6'10" medium power fast action that would probably fit the bill pretty darn good for you. Rainshadow blanks will probably give you the best bang for your buck compared to the other upper end rod blanks.

I know Midwest Rod and Reel carries those blanks.

There is alot of knowledge on rod building here. Tap into it for sure.

If it were me building my first rod, I would go to a place and get the one on one help/ work and learn from them. Just makes it easier,and they will show you things you wouldn't think to ask. It's a fun way to spend an eve or afternoon. That way if you think you will build more, you can always build your own shop at home.

I don't have the room to do this , so I always build mine there. It is relaxing taking an afternoon off of work and doing this.

Still working on the two new Croix's... a 7'0 HF Avid and a 7'11" big gulp LT. They are both getting micro guides and already have the rf lite seats glued on them. I also have a 6'6"mhf shikarii blank to finish for a buddy... handle and seat are glued on this one as well. I need more time in the shop, but the fish are biting too good to sit inside...

Hey Andy,

I just finished one guys ISB843 with the micros but not spiral wrapped. I've also got a couple bass sticks for a local guy, one for topwaters and crankbaits and another for jigging and maybe carolina rigging. I've still got that 3 piece blank if you're interested in it.

Still have to build myself something with those microwave guides that we got from Billy.

I want to build my brother in law a walleye jigging rod to use on Mille Lacs

What’s a decent blank that won’t break the bank? ($100 max)

I read through some old posts and was thinking maybe a Batson XSW68MX? I see there on sale for $65 online.

Thanks