• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Winter Rod Building Projects

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been working on an ultra lite Batson blank for my chiropractor. It is taking a little longer then I like, but the first blank was broken in shipping and then my wife was laid up with surgery that put me back a little. I will post some pic after it is completed.

Just finished up 5 rods this week. I would post pictures Andy but I cannot load the pics from the camera card to the computer as I have some issue with the card reader.

I will have to have my buddy load the pics on his and e-mail them to me.

I've got a few things left to complete on the ultra-light and then the finish coat of rod build and it should be complete. Will most likely get it done next week. I've got the butt wrap left on my Dad's northern trolling rod followed with applying the rod build after that. Should have that one done next week as well with a little luck. I'll post some pictures when they're done.

It's been quit..... I know you guys are working on a few projects....

I know this is a little off topic but reading this post brought on my curiosity... How many projects can you guys manage at a time? Do you build one rod at a time or are you working on three different projects at once?

I've worked on two at a time but found some frustration due to the limited room I have and dryer units and what not, just curious to know confused

How many projects can you guys manage at a time?

I have many builds going on at one time with repairs and modification mixed in also. I do have a very understanding wife that "lets" me have a whole room to do my craft.

I usually do things in stages and get builds to the CP stage and then have "epoxy fest" for a day of two. I have 3 driers, I let them spin for 4 hours and then re-coat or set them aside and spin another one on that drier.