• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pretty Quiet For The Big Series

Bryce

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go Sioux, but will predict a Sioux Sweep, get the brooms ready.

Should be very entertaining and should be a good physical hockey games...it always amazes me that no matter how these two teams are doing or have done in the season both seem to step up their games when they face each other.....

You bet Pierre. I would take a split right now. It all depends on how the young gophers come into Friday night. If they are loosey goosey, watch out! It could get ugly for UND. If the gophers are tenative and tight like they have been the last few games, it will be a very even match.

I see the gophers winning big Friday night. 4-1

Saturday night will be a one goal game.

There is no greater event for me. I love this matchup and I have been watching it with passion since I was 6-7 years old.

Ness has a 5 point series. smile

Although I have to admit I do remember him getting off one good shot, his biggest presence on the ice was the announcers repeatedly calling him ducking another check. Too talented a player to be playing a postion he's too small for.

I was surprised it took so long in the 3rd to get the gloves flying....

I was surprised it took so long as well. I think tonight will be a different story too. It should be a fun one to watch.

A pretty embarassing effort by the gophers last nigth, the score could have easily 10 to 3. The sioux played a solid game and kicked our butt.

With that said I think the gophers come back fired up tonight and come out with the win.

I was surprised at how flat the gophers came out. They played like they could just show up and win. I expect the same tonight. The gohers are a soft team that lacks toughness. The gopher defense looked very suspect and they missed alot of assignments on defense. I am nut sure how the gophers couldn't get pumped up to play UND. Maybe it was a coaching thing with two assistants in way over their heads.

Quote:
Too talented a player to be playing a postion he's too small for.

well well well I didn't make it to the college ranks! grin

Yes, Ness is small but he has been playing solid most games. He's not doing much of what he could do when he was playing for the Rams- offensive d-men, and theres nothing wrong with getting away from a check...he made a good one last night in the corner and got the puck. Theres times you'll have to take the hit, when there is no play to be made.

I think tonight's game will be closer and at the end, there'll be another scrum! sleep

The gophers have always been more of a skill and speed team but I would never call them soft. They have plenty of guys that can work the corners and throw some checks, however last night those guys decided to take the night off along with the rest of the team.

You can see the talent Ness has but I think he might need a year and a little more bulk before he's completely comfortable out there.

The gophs seem to be playing a little better tonight but something still seems off.