• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Canadarago Reports -2009

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like an extra special day, sorry I couldn't meet up with you guys. As fast as you two got off the lake I could of almost fished and made my doctor's appointment. Given the drive you have to make I bet its a nice bonus leaving at a decent hour with a nice limit of fish. Glad to hear you did well.

I also ended up having a great day. A buddy of mine talked me into fishing the Big O for walleyes this morning. You know the drill, on the ice and set up in the dark, wack 3 nice walleyes before the sun gets too high in the sky and off the ice. Dam if that isn't just about what happened. Marked a couple of fish that wouldn't hit as soon as we got out there and then within the next hour iced 3 nice ones. My buddy caught 4 with 3 keepers and one ling. Walking was easy and we only fished about an hour and half to limit out. Had plenty of time to get home, clean-up and make my doctors appointment. Pretty darn good day all the way around. Have some pictures but don't have the slightest clue on how to post them. Another thing I need to learn someday.

Fished Darago this morning for a few hrs out in front of Hyder drilled about a dozen holes in about 36fow.Nothing, nil marked maybe a half dozen fish mostly suspended they didn't want nothing to do with it so much for that crazy.It was easy walking and the ice is about 15 inches consistant every where I drilled.

From Josh our DEC officer..

I just got back from taking a ride around Canaderago lake. The lake itself still looks good, there was a group of about 15 to 20 shelters off of Hyder creek and a smaller group off of the boat launch and bakers beach. There was a couple of fisherman who had their four wheelers out there, but I am not sure of exactly how they did that. Most of the shoreline still looks decent enough to get on by foot, but the majority of the shoreline didn't look good enough for machines to be on. The rain that we had gotten has flooded the shoreline in many places and has allowed a lot of the shoreline to break apart. The temperature out there was only 22 degrees and the wind was blowing very hard so things were starting to stiffen up a bit. Well that's all I have for right now. I will drop you an e-mail on any changes that occur. Also let everybody know to use caution out there or anywhere at this time talk to you later.

Thanks Josh!

Fished with Frank, Tuzzy "and guest appearance by non other than King Salmon (Joe) and Todd We did pretty good late in the shallows off the south end. The guys out deep did not do very well and most out there were small.

We think we know where they are at least what depth and maybe shallower. Fish would come in 1/2 way off bottom and hit it pretty hard. cicadas, buckshot rattle spoon and wahtever they would hit it hard.

Here's some pics and I called in for tomorrow and am going again grin

Nice big perch...

1001439.jpg

Tuzzy on da left and Todd right, ejoying a couple of Tuzzy's glazed Dippin Donuts wink

1001440.jpg

We hit these nice keepers out of four guys but we figured out something and want to get em while we still have walkable ice..

Just for wet boot sake maybe we should all have our waders tommorrow..

1001441.jpg

Up close, mmmm tasty..

1001442.jpg

See you in the morning Todd, possibly Frank for a couple hours, also maybe Tank and Billy and Craig. Have fun at work Tuzzy whistlelaugh

Tim

You forgot to mention that a little over 50% of the fish we caught were males big males cool. It was nice fishing with the gang today and putting a few fish on the ice. I hope they filter through again seeings how its close to being over frown.

Yes nice and fat males puking up grass shrimp. Gonna try the 1/16 oz. LLJ flyer spoons since they have a nice glass rattle and I think the perfect size. wink Twice the 1/8 oz baby buckshot made em look only, but not often... Round 2 tomorrow..

Oh I think Todd should use the same one we both tied on at the same time . . .talk about timing. I have to thik hard about coming out for a couple of hours simce I have to drive to Rhode Island for business . . . but then, it only is a 5 hour drive and I don't have to be there until later . . .

Frank - It was great you gave darago one last go before you left town, and when you left the ice the perch went with you. Had a great time fishing with you, Todd, Craig and Z. The fishing wasn't that great but I enjoyed my last run on C ice this season. smile According to reports North would have been a better stop but that's how it goes. frown The ice was about 9 '- 10" of good hard black ice and 2" of white air filled gravel I would say on more day but not two and you will need waders for sure. We got out and off fine today.

Franky with a fall fish..

1001445c.jpg

Nice jumbo on a Lindy Little Joe flyer spoon...

1001446.jpg

Franky caught one of these, guess there's a good reason why you can bang a smallmouth in there..

1001449.jpg

Our haul with a sonic ice hopper shot... Been fun fishing on the hopper the last few days, really enjoyed it and the company was excellent. wink

1001450w.jpg

1001452.jpg

Best part of the day was breakfast eh Todd winkgrin

Good luck tomorrow Z and Craig and be careful...

Yeah Tim that was one of them I would like to eat at her DINER any time she is open whistlewink.The other best time of the day is this morning when the fish started to come through about one more hour of that our #'s would have been alot better dandy fish though.It was nice to fish with everyone this ice season and many more to come time to get some stuff done around here.Open water fun just around the corner winksmile.

Nice fish, Gang wink

I couldn't make it Todd. I got a bunch of yard work done after I got off the phone with you yesterday late afternoon. I forgot I had the MANDATORY all employee meeting this morning sick 4.5 hours of Human Resource RAMBLING mad

Then I had to go to the Dentist for a root canal. I will be in his office a few times this week for some more follow up work!

Anyone going in the AM?

Let me know...TANK...Tank???