• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Canadarago Reports -2009

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i just got off the lake i fished the north end today from 530 till dark got 10 jumbos in 8 ft of water 7 small gills 2 monster groupers and dinksin every hole. 8 inchs or so of ice. i did c one guy tonight out over the sunken island.

Looks like we put the stuff away to early this year... frown

Went down to the hot spot last night to check it out and it looks like you could just hop right on the ice with no waders or planks. Makes me mad not knowing if I could be out there right now icing some nice happies and sunnies.

Hit the East side of the Island in 7-8FOW and was finished by 10:15AM with a Jumbo Limit laugh

Timmy...the ice is still a good 10-12 inches. The shoreline was rock solid and NO water at all. It was frozen SOLID!

Thunder...all my fish came on the famous Hair Jig. The other stuff I tried did nothing. Put that baby on and did not have one fish flip me off. They lambasted it cry

I am back in the AM on my GPS mark!!!!!!!!

Way to go AW!! Not sure if I can make it or not but if I can I'll look for you. I assume you're accessing from the dirt road on the east shoreline close to the island. We did pretty good in that depth range the last time we were down there.

Way to go Doug! Craig and Z have had a blast the last couple of days there mucho grande and quick limits. There hanging up there ice gear there done, but it went out with a nice bang. I believe Dougie is back at it again this morning.

Fished Canadarago yesterday. Looked for you AW but didn't see you out there. Hope you didn't pull a "Todd" (stopped at the diner and never left there whistle). Well anyways, fished with a few guys that I have known for a number of years one of which DC and Tank know. Discouraged to hear that very well know comment - should have been here yesterday we hammered em. Not to take anything away from you AW because you had an outstanding day, but I was told it was one of those magical Canadarago days where you had lots of fish coming through, mostly big and mostly biting. The guy I know pretty well said he started fishing around 7:00 and was limited by 8:30. Unfortunately yesterday was somewhat slower so say the least. Most everyone was fishing the top of the sunken island in about 6' to 8". Moved around a lot and didn't do too much. Finally decided to sit them out and stayed in one hole for the remainder of the day. Went a long time between fish but even so managed to leave the ice with 17 nice ones. Was able to sight fish in my shelter and saw some perch that were truly monsters. Of course they would't bite but still a thrill to watch them eye your offering and then politely give you the finger and swim off. The other plus is fishing shallow you can release those hog females full of eggs without injuring them (at least I hope so). All in all a great day and my last on the not so hard stuff. Ice was about 10" but came up in chunks when you drilled into it. When I left the lake at 4:00 it was just starting to sprinkle and I ran into heavier rain on rt 20 about a mile or so out of Richfield. A friend of mine called me last night to see if I was allright since he heard a report of someone having to be rescued off the ice. When I left 3 guys were still out at Bakers and I did see one guy all by himself (crazy) down past the Hyder. We didn't have any problems getting off the ice whatsoever but who knows? Hopefully, if its true, no-one was hurt or lost anything.

my buddy and I just got back from the lake. we fished from 930 till 1230 and got our limit of big hog perch no dinks yet and the eggs are still ferm. used hair jigs in brown and orange. also red and white worked well. 7 to 15 ft of water over the weeds.

# of us got our limits today from 7 till 1100. same water depth. the males are in and if you want a messy white mess all over your boat go now because they are ripe. only one female had lost here eggs so far and they went sll over the boat also. lots of big golden shiners today also. 10 to 12 inchers. all perch were 10 inchs or better. still not one dink.

well today was rather soso. i brought my six year old son with us today and he got 38 keepers. myself ad my buddy got zip. he got seven razor fish as he likes to call them and one smally. the laughs and smills on his face weere priceless. going back out around 100 tomorrow. all fish were hogs. three of them had been spawnd out. sunken island was the place to be today.