• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

UFC 92

jltimm

Rashad Evans is the new champ!Mir knocked out Nogeira! Rampage knocked out Wanderlai Silva in the 1st round! Cheick Kongo won by KO.Alot of great fights! Mir will now face Brock Lesnar for a rematch that I don't think Mir wants!

I called those fights, first time I got it right for awhile. I knew The Nog had seen his best days as a fighter in another format, at an earlier time...same with Silva. Rampage is a strong, hard hitting sucker, but I think he is marching toward the tail end of his career also. Alot of them dudes are at the end, or close to it.

Isn't going to be a miraculous resurgence for guys like Bonner, Hughes, Henderson, Coleman, Ortiz, etc. Those guys have given us some prime time viewing, but they have to make way for the new lions....they become the cannon fodder....professional MMA fighting isn't something that promotes longevity!

I thought a long time ago that Forrest took to many punches to the head and that he was limited in alot of area, he wasn't a thunderous hitter, he didn't have the best stand up, his judo was lacking and he didn't seem to practice his submissions and wrestling skills to much, choosing most of the time to stand and swing, or ground and pound.

I believe the things that took him this far haven't been his technical abilities anyways, moreso his iron like head, complete distain for damage he recieves and grit, sand, heart, determination, whatever, an inner never say die, never quit, warrior spirit. He just overwhelmed alot of the competition.

Alot of good fights out there, alot of good fighters, but just like anything else, they come and they go....some alot quicker then others.

Lesnar was pretty much working Mir over from what I seen...right up until he got twisted into submission!

Maybe Brock will be better this time? I hope so, because Mir certainly will be! Still that Lesnar size and overall ability is a load for any MMA fighter....I don't think anyone is gonna walk right through him.

I think Mir is gonna have nightmares about his 2nd fight with Lesnar. If he stands with him he is in trouble. His only chance once again will be a submission,but Brock won't be "hurrying" in this fight like he did the 1st one. Brock will KO Mir, and retain his belt.

In first fight between Mir and Lesnar, Lesnar made a rookie mistake and Mir capitalized on it. He was pounding Mir pretty hard then stood up and gave Mir an opening to his leg. Mir tripped him and put him in leg lock to get him to submit.

I think the rematch will be a really good fight. Lesnar is awesome but I won't count Frank Mir out. Mir is really smart and has a good submission game.

It was a great card. I am anxious to Mir / Lesnar rematch. I think it will be a real battle, but Brock has learned to be patient and that will help him alot. Mir will have his hans full, I don't think Brock can be choked ut with virtually no neck.

I wonder if Brock will fight BJ Penn if he beats Mir? Hee, hee, just kidding....I think a Brock/Mir fight would be alot different then the last one! Last one I didn't much care about...this one I would really like to see.