• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
D-fresh

Taking pics in the shanty

Hello from Michigan, guys. Great site, I wish michigan had a darkhouse forum. Anyways, I was wondering how you guys get clear pics in the shanty. Obviously the flash has to be off, but outside of that what do you do? Tinker with any of the camera settings? Thanks. Here is a typical pic I get with my camera, pretty blurry, although the water was a little murky too.

[img:center] Pike08012.jpg?t=1228925228

[img:center] Pike08012.jpg?t=1228925262

Anyways, I was wondering how you guys get clear pics in the shanty. Obviously the flash has to be off, but outside of that what do you do?

Welcome to MN and the forums.

We hope to whine enough to our state that someday you will actually be able to come over here and spear some day, but for now the forums will have to do.

I keep all my settings bone stock (Auto settings)

The biggest issue I have is the lens fogging up from the heat to cold to heat to cold again.

I carry lens cleaning wipes in my camera bag to take care of the outside of the lens. Sometimes the lens fogs up on both sides, when that happens I just wait a while and it clears up.

When I am in the spear house, I keep my camera in its bag but I keep the top of the bag open half way so the air can get in there too.

I only notice it bad when it is very cold out and it takes me a while to set up. Then it will be 15 min or so (once I get heat in the house) before the lens unfogs.

Make sure the macro feature is off also. The macro button should have an icon that looks like a little flower (maybe a tulip?) on it or near it. Or just read the camera manual about the macro feature.

welcomE D fresh I am just starting to figure out my camera also, so great post. Merk is the guuy to listen to he takes some great pics and videos too. thanks Merk

Welcome to FM. Glad to have you as part of the FM family. Merk is the camera guy, he knows what hes talkin about when it comes to takin them. He was the guy that though me how to do it!

They were about 2 lbs. That was my best day spearing. It was on a little lake in northern minnesta early ice about 2"-3" of ice. Was the first time i took my son. We saw 54 northerns yes 54 in one day( may have been the same northern more than once). The most we had was 3 in at a time. And i only threw the spear one time.