• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

REAL Opening Results...

Hunted in SW MN . Had 11 guys with 3 labs. WE were on some pretty good private land and we had our 22 birds pretty quickly. Didn't see many hunters which surprised me. Sunday was tougher. Only 3 of us went out in the morning on some public land, shot 4 and missed two in a couple hours. Seems to be decent # of birds. So much corn in the fields still. Will be better later in the year.

A friend and I went out yesterday on some public land. My buddy's dog flushed 2 rooster about 15 min. into the hunt. One shot and a jammed gun, no birds in the bag. I guess that's why they call it hunting! Saw one other rooster and a handful of hens. A great day to be out.

My dog caught a rooster yesterday that I thought was a hen at first, until i looked closer. It had vague red patches around the eyes and a couple colorful feathers on its back. I dont even know if the thing could fly yet, it was the same size as a ruffed grouse or smaller and dident possess a tail feather longer than an inch.